When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Microset Watch Timer

bkdc

Which accessories did you order with it? I was just thinking of getting the version 3 software so I could get a rough check of amplitude and paper tape timer simulation. The rest of the options don't appear very useful.

Edited by bkdc

I came across these two when checking for an alternative to the expensive standard watch timers They are both software based timing-machines working with additional external gear (microphone etc.) which is hooked up to a computer. IMHO this is nice because you can store data on the watches in your collection and compare older to newer reports on the same watch.

1.) http://pczw.uhren-mikl.com/en/index.php?Timing_Machine

2.) http://www.waschke-bochum.de/index_en.html

Prices are both in the 300€ range.

I posted the English links, the German description is much better though.

Can't help with the Microset...as I dont' own one...only bad thing I have heard about them is the quality of the microphone. But I have no personal experience with them.

I have a Vibrograph B200A myself, it's older, but an equivalent replacement is far too expensive...and the B200A will do everything I need to get done...

Mikellem has good results with his microset, so that's good enough for me...

RG

Check out Joshua's site (perfect clones) He has a pretty nice looking unit with a big flat screen for around the same price as the microset once you buy all the bits. Its actually the same as Jules Borel sells at nearly twice the price.