When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag - "Recomended Dealers"

Wilkssd

Hello,

I'm new to this forum. However, I have had the opportunity to read some very interesting posts already. I can tell that this is the place for me to ensure that I buy from the right people.

Anyway, I would really appreciate some recommendations concerning who to work with/buy from. The sites I've researched online are almost all scams.

My first purchase will be for a: Tag Heuer - Carrera Chronograph. After that, I plan on picking up a Daytona.

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Firstly, welcome to RWG, you certainly have found the right place to come!! There is more information and knowledge on this site than anyone could possibly need, yet it's all here!!

The Forum Admin and Moderators go to a lot of effort to make sure that you don't get scammed, basically the reason for this site being here! They have a list of trusted Dealers that we use, or of course you can use the Forum Sales section aswell, where other members sell their reps on as they move onto another piece.

From the main Forum page, just scroll down and you will see the Dealers section, look through the 'dealer reviews' on each dealer then make an informed choice from there.

Geography plays a large part in this hobby too, if you're in the EU then it's best to buy from an EU dealer, or a dealer who can supply a piece in the EU for a little bit extra cash, well worth the few bucks extra!

If in CONUS, you will read reviews of all the dealers from guys in the States and Canada. If you are from Asia, you are pretty well sorted really!!

Have a good look through the Dealers and their sites, read the reviews from other members on here in their part of the dealer section and you should be good to go!!

Sixx :bones:

Thanks for that reply. I've spent a considerable amount of time conducting my due diligence, based on your suggestions. You guys clearly know your stuff on here!

Anyway, I'm now focusing on compiling a list for "OUT OF THE BOX" reps with the quality close to "super-rep" or "3 star" - 2010. Then, I would like to put together something for the best dealers, for those respective watches.

Here is my current list. If anyone believes any of these should not be considered 3 star, please let me know. Congruently, if I'm leaving any 3 star "out of the box" reps out, feel free to add them.

Tag Heuer - Carrera

Omega Men's - Speedmaster Date

Chopard - Mile Miglia GTXXL or GMT

Raymond Weil - Nabucco Chrono

Rolex - GMT Master II

IWC - Pilot Chrono or Top Gun Pilot Chrono

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for that reply. I've spent a considerable amount of time conducting my due diligence, based on your suggestions. You guys clearly know your stuff on here!

Anyway, I'm now focusing on compiling a list for "OUT OF THE BOX" reps with the quality close to "super-rep" or "3 star" - 2010. Then, I would like to put together something for the best dealers, for those respective watches.

Here is my current list. If anyone believes any of these should not be considered 3 star, please let me know. Congruently, if I'm leaving any 3 star "out of the box" reps out, feel free to add them.

Tag Heuer - Carrera

Omega Men's - Speedmaster Date

Chopard - Mile Miglia GTXXL or GMT

Raymond Weil - Nabucco Chrono

Rolex - GMT Master II

IWC - Pilot Chrono or Top Gun Pilot Chrono

I thought some Panerais and the simple rolex such as Explorer I (36mm not 38mm) are extremely well repped... It should be in there.

I also heard of Links being more accurate than Carreras.

I will be paying attention to this thread as well XD

• 2 weeks later...