When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what's the skinny on the newish "A7750" (asian valgranges a07.211)?

knmwt15000

Hi Guys/Gals,

We're all probably familiar with the high beat a7750 movement that can be found in most rep chronographs. The lack of a micro-regulator is probably the only serious tell that this is the Asian movement. I have noticed that some chronographs are coming with a new high beat valjoux 7750 that has a working micro-regulator. This looks more like a ETA7750 because of the micro-regulator (and also the bearing on the rotor) but it is actually slightly larger (37mm instead of 30mm).

I have two concerns that I hope you guys can help with.

1) does the larger size mean that replacing a broken movement with a A7750 or an ETA7750 is not possible? Or can a spacer ring be employed?

2) is the movement reliable? I would like to see people who have had experience (good or bad) with watches with this movement.

I can find very little on this forum about the movement and when I do read something it appears to be bad news. The inability to search for problems with this movement is that people are just referring to it as an A7750, somebody called it a A7750B1 but I have seen this name given to the current A7750 too, not this asian valgranges. Perhaps a name needs to be made up for this new movement.

There is a little bit on it here:

and a couple of others that I can't refind. One guy returned one and then the replacement also needed replacing. Another guy has had continuing issues with it not having a good power reserve and stopping intermittently during the day. Are these just maintenance issues? Dose a good service solve the problem? Do jewels need to be added during a service?

TLDR: many questions about the new 'A7750'(acually a valgranges replica) would like to know if anybody has a clue if it is any good and the implications for making frankens

cheers