When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My favorite Tag

seafoam

The rep Carrera bracelet is really good. You're in good shape. I have some suggestions after trials and tribulations with my own 42mm Carrera (rep). I sold a current production gen TAG, and at the time used some of the profits for my Carrera rep.

Have to say I spent quite a bit of time researching, and got bit along the way. Let me say that the rep bracelet is excellent, gen leather is worth the price, but grab the rep deployant. Aftermarket leather worth a damn is pricey, the gen is an exceptional value, even at twice the cost, $100 gen leather is much more substantial than anything you can find for $60+

I'm happy for you, thats a great watch you picked up. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I actually went with a gen bracelet. i didnt want any fitting issues considering whant i paid for the Carrera. $315 for the gen bracelet. and that was a deal. OUCH!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok, so this acquisition was a bit of a production. I bought the watch on the bay for cheap as it was dropped and needed repair. Basically long story short (took forever to fix), it needed a new crystal (which was expensive!), new hands and movement service (also expensive). End of the day, it costs me $1900.00 with the full service by Tag certified tech. I sold 3 of my favorite reps to fund it so really, not too painful financially. I love the classic look of this Tag and the movement is spot on (base ETA 2894-2 I believe). Anyway, just thought I’d share my experience with this one and some quick mediocre photos. Thanks for looking.

seafoam

P1070773.jpg

P1070774.jpg

P1070778.jpg

:wub: :wub: :wub: