When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Recommendations for a high quality Vacheron Constantin Overseas replica?

calatrava

I am interested in a Vacheron Constantin Overseas (non-chronograph model) replica which is of high quality, and contains an ETA movement. I have been looking at the Swiss upgraded model offered by Joshua, at $348, and was wondering if anyone has had experience with this particular replica, and have thoughts about how true it is to the genuine article, and whether the price is reasonable for what you're receiving.

the case/bracelet are spot on. The movement is very good.

The crystal needs Chief AR. The dial is the biggest let down. The OEM dial (either black or white) reflect light in ways the rep can't even come close. Think glossy (OEM) vs matte (rep).

I was able to get both the white and black OEM dials and they are worthy.

the case/bracelet are spot on. The movement is very good.

The crystal needs Chief AR. The dial is the biggest let down. The OEM dial (either black or white) reflect light in ways the rep can't even come close. Think glossy (OEM) vs matte (rep).

I was able to get both the white and black OEM dials and they are worthy.

Thanks for the information, is there any difference between the top of the line replicas from the different dealers, and is there one you particularly recommend for their quality and price?

The AR upgrade seems like a relatively easy thing to do, but how were you able to source an OEM dial?

Also, straight from the dealer, does the white or black dial seem truer to the OEM dial?

Edited by calatrava

Okay, I ended up placing an order with Watcheden:

http://www.watcheden.com/vacheron-constantin-overseas-swiss-eta-movement-with-black-dial-s-s--version-i-46623-p-1.html

For their 1:1 replica with the Swiss ETA 2836 movement. After the $20 coupon, it came to $258 shipped, which was quite a bit less than the one from Perfect Clones ($348+shipping). My understanding is that the only difference is the movement, which is a nickel plated Swiss ETA 2824 in the Perfect Clones version. Hopefully this was a good decision.

Been a long time since I thought about that one. It was and is a good rep. On the gen dials they do come up on ebay from time to time. I think I bought 3-4 a few years ago with a partner. I think they were $300-400 a piece at the time. Hey TX, did you get that dial from me and Arch? My partner on that project disappeared but it may be time to build another one. I think I have one dial left. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Been a long time since I thought about that one. It was and is a good rep. On the gen dials they do come up on ebay from time to time. I think I bought 3-4 a few years ago with a partner. I think they were $300-400 a piece at the time. Hey TX, did you get that dial from me and Arch? My partner on that project disappeared but it may be time to build another one. I think I have one dial left. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Okay, I guess I'll have to create a saved search on eBay. The samples of Chief AR do look amazing, in particular, there is one of the Vacheron Overseas which is simply mouthwatering.

vco07.jpg

• 2 months later...

What did you do about the date window on the gen dial, I just recently picked up a black gen dial (huge difference) but the date window is completely off from the 2836...

I imagine it might be possible to glue on a slightly offset date wheel to the 2836, so that it is aligned with the date window on the genuine dial. While waiting on my replica VC Overseas from Hont, I ended up ordering the genuine watch with the white dial from an authorized dealer at 22% off the MSRP. They're also planning a price increase soon.

I figure that I can wear the replica watch on a daily basis, and the genuine watch on special occasions.

Okay, my genuine VC Overseas has arrived. This are a photo of the watch.

Ironically, I've been trying to hunt down a replica version of this, first from Watcheden, and now from Hont, and one of the hold ups was the fact that the double AR version is no longer available. Looking at my genuine watch, it doesn't actually look like it has AR coating.

post-29905-0-73549200-1301633938.jpg

I imagine it might be possible to glue on a slightly offset date wheel to the 2836, so that it is aligned with the date window on the genuine dial. While waiting on my replica VC Overseas from Hont, I ended up ordering the genuine watch with the white dial from an authorized dealer at 22% off the MSRP. They're also planning a price increase soon.

I figure that I can wear the replica watch on a daily basis, and the genuine watch on special occasions.

very nice. Post pics when you get it.

very nice. Post pics when you get it.

The photo above was of the genuine Overseas, and these are a couple more. Once my replica from Hont arrives, I can do a comparison of the two watches.

There's actually a wonderful comparison on the other RWG:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum/index.php?&showtopic=141

For now, the most obvious tells are the size of the cross on the dial, the shape/bevel of the date window, and the size of the "Swiss Made" on the bottom.

post-29905-0-10886900-1301636742.jpg

post-29905-0-64701600-1301636868.jpg

post-29905-0-03624400-1301636871.jpg

Edited by calatrava