When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eddie Lee's 127

nejad

Marry Christmas vintage geeks,

I have one quick question, some time ago I got a nice fantasy 2533/ 6152. After a lot of work and Donerix contribution watch is coming out sweet only problem is stock EL caseback; did anyone try any other case backs on Eddie Lee front loader fiddy case? My idea was to put Nightwatch solid CB and top it over; but after exchanging PM with Nightwatch and after I tried Davidsen CB and it didn’t fit. Big disappointment. Now before I start a project and cut the CB I would like to know is there anything that I should know? Did anyone trued to match EL with other CB? Thanks

Though I have never had personal experience of this issue, I have read a few threads asking the same question. However my old DSN 217 CB did fit my EL case and vice versa when I was playing around with them. But I assume you need a vintage CB for a vintage movement?

I never read that any of these fitted the EL but I do know you can have them made to order by Gordon or Stefan (NW & VDB) but the cost probably aint worth the effort!! I would be looking for one of their casesets or I recall River has had a few made up on special order that might be worth looking at mate

I am not sure why they dont fit? Whether its the thread or the actual ring size, I remember my Old school cartel 47mm CBs wouldnt fit the ELs either.

Marry Christmas vintage geeks,

I have one quick question, some time ago I got a nice fantasy 2533/ 6152. After a lot of work and Donerix contribution watch is coming out sweet only problem is stock EL caseback; did anyone try any other case backs on Eddie Lee front loader fiddy case? My idea was to put Nightwatch solid CB and top it over; but after exchanging PM with Nightwatch and after I tried Davidsen CB and it didn’t fit. Big disappointment. Now before I start a project and cut the CB I would like to know is there anything that I should know? Did anyone trued to match EL with other CB? Thanks

I had the same problem with my EL case, where it is engraved "SWISS MADE" on the EL caseback ( on the inside by the threads !) and when I tried a non "SWISS MADE" caseback it did not fit :wounded1:

So perhaps You need a EL caseback :whistling: ????

that is a bad part! i really like the case and it come out nice after re-shaping. but CB has to go. i have a EL caseback on the watch now and it is "swiss made". my backup idea is to grind off CB and then make tick disk and weld it together; but its too much work and if i mess it up i dont have a new CB... this is a watch in question

IMG_3182.jpg

IMG_3180.jpg

I had the same problem with my EL case, where it is engraved "SWISS MADE" on the EL caseback ( on the inside by the threads !) and when I tried a non "SWISS MADE" caseback it did not fit :wounded1:

So perhaps You need a EL caseback :whistling: ????

Mate...He has got an EL CB he wants a vintage CB to fit the EL case :)

Looks very nice mate but if you havent got the lug face inscriptions wont getting another case be just as easy now? As you say adding would be a pain but what about fitting a double threaded ring in the case?

nice idea Pite, i can make a ting that fit a CB and then mill the case and fit a ring. unless there is better idea out there i will go this way. only problem is that i love this watch so much it is going to be hard to part with it for the time... also i was thinking of putting blue hands. I love the fantasy projects!