When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to fix a MBW DRSD with a loose bezel?

davethecat

question for you guys

I have the MBW DRSD with the vinatge "no-click" bi-directional bezel. The bezel is slightly loose and rotates from 11 to 2 too easily. When it bumps up against something, it moves in one direction or another.

Any of you guys encounter the same thing? Any idea on how to fix? Love to know if there is a secret before I try to guess.

Very easy to fix.

First, you need to pop the bezel off. I use my debit card to wedge between the bezel and case. I use my debit card as it's soft plastic, and there's no risk in scratching the case. I start right above the lugs, and work my way up around towards 12:00. Usually, by the time I reach 12:00, the bezel is raised up enough to simply pull it off with my fingers.

With the bezel off, you will notice a washer spring that sits between the bezel and the crystal ring. Give that washer a very slight, gentle bend. This will provide enough tension to keep the bezel from spinning freely. If you want to turn the bezel, it's as simple as pushing the bezel against the case and rotating. When you let up on the bezel, it should remain stationary where you set it.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Randy

i use a press to put more of a slight bend like the contour of it already just more , u could use the rubber end of a hammar, i basically made mine out of a pvc pipe and then i have a piece that will catch the inside edge all the way around and press it down into the pvc pipe slightly so it will make it more cone shaped, if u buy a new one for a replacement u will see it is slightly more cone shaped, this keeps constant pressure all the way around it , and keeps spinning smoothly , its really hard to describe it but i think u will get the picture i just painted in words lol