When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swiss 7753 PAM 196 build, finally with proper case

z3k0

So, year ago, after looking for a while, I found good deal on ETA 7753 movement, bought it and started building 196. As anyone who tried that in the past probably knows, finding parts for such build is no easy task. Especially frustrating to me was the case. 7753 movements are thinner than modified A7750s used in previous generations of Daylights, and of course have date-set pusher - creating all kinds of problems regarding compatibility of the cases. In addition, all cases except maybe old-school EL cases (which I only saw on pictures, so I can't speak for sure), were full of flaws - quite poor quality, incorrect bezel height, smaller diameter of crystal, poorly executed CGs etc.

And, then, like a gift from heaven, A7753 was made and new Daylights started appearing - with magnificent (at least compared to anything before) case. Good thing was that A7753 has same thickness and date quickset position as ETA - so these cases are fully compatible with ETA 7753 :)

Inserting ETA movement stack in A7753 was completely straightforward, just plug-and-play.

Before moving to pictures, just few observations about A7753 dials and DWs. As I had to buy complete watch for this (cases were still not freely available at the time I was building this), I did, just out of curiosity, disassemble A7753 movement stack.

First thing - A7753 dial is mostly identical to A7750 dials from previous Daylight versions. I had one old 7750 dial laying around, and I couldn't find any difference in measures. You can use them interchangeably on both movements, date cutout position is identical.

Second thing - 7750 DWs can be fit on A7753 movement, inner diameter of A7753 DWs and tooth position is identical to 7750. Outer diameter of DW is smaller on 7750 versions, since A7753 have "widened" DWs, but I guess that this would not pose any problem reliability-wise. Here are few shots to show you how it looks like (7750 DW on A7753 movement):

P61125200.jpgP61125701.jpg

Now, without further boring you with details, let's see how it turned out :cc_detective: (I included in few pictures regular A7753 250):

_MG_8728.jpg

_MG_8729.jpg

_MG_8730.jpg

_MG_8731.jpg

_MG_8735.jpg

_MG_8369.jpg

_MG_8372.jpg

_MG_8377.jpg

_MG_8384.jpg

_MG_8378.jpg

Some lume comparison - 196 dial was relumed by The Zigmeister, 250 dial with rep lume:

_MG_8388.jpg

regards