When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Recommendations from the Experts

Darrion88

Hi guys,

I'm new to the Replica forums and am looking to pick up a couple models and just wanted to get some advice before buying.

I've always wanted to buy two particular models and have been eyeing their replicas and these forums for sometime. I've been thinking of purchasing from puretimewatch.com with my only hesitation being I think I'd like to my watch(s) modded for some further realistic accents (within reasonable pricing), time accuracy and most importantly, waterproofing. The two models I'm interested in are an Omega Speedmaster Professional and either a vintage Rolex Sea-Dweller or a more recently styled replica like this one called the Sea Dweller Super Edition as it's listed on Pure Time.

I'm pretty easy on my watches with an office job and don't mind paying for value however I wouldn't feel comfortable really spending more than 2-300 on these. I'm flexible though and would really like to get some expert opinions on this as I've been shopping these forums for awhile but with so many updated models really don't know which one to go for. Any recommendations? Again, I've checked out the forums but if there's a particular post you think I should refer to let me know as I'm looking for as much info as possible. Thanks guys for your help.

Best,

-wp

Hi guys,

I'm new to the Replica forums and am looking to pick up a couple models and just wanted to get some advice before buying.

I've always wanted to buy two particular models and have been eyeing their replicas and these forums for sometime. I've been thinking of purchasing from puretimewatch.com with my only hesitation being I think I'd like to my watch(s) modded for some further realistic accents (within reasonable pricing), time accuracy and most importantly, waterproofing. The two models I'm interested in are an Omega Speedmaster Professional and either a vintage Rolex Sea-Dweller or a more recently styled replica like this one called the Sea Dweller Super Edition as it's listed on Pure Time.

I'm pretty easy on my watches with an office job and don't mind paying for value however I wouldn't feel comfortable really spending more than 2-300 on these. I'm flexible though and would really like to get some expert opinions on this as I've been shopping these forums for awhile but with so many updated models really don't know which one to go for. Any recommendations? Again, I've checked out the forums but if there's a particular post you think I should refer to let me know as I'm looking for as much info as possible. Thanks guys for your help.

Best,

-wp

Read, read, and read some more. Hang out in the sub-fora. Read dealer reviews. I boughtt from PT and it was a flawless transaction. PT currently has the best out of the box vintage Sea Dweller, swiss Eta 2846 movt that will need servicing quickly. Pretty good for modding but If you really want to mod a vintage SD check the for sale fora for an MBW 1665, It's preferred for hard core mods. There is debate if the Swiss ETA movts dealers sell are really Swiss ETA, Asian clones are durable, as long as you have them serviced.

The three things you should do:

1. Read the stickies at the beginning of each sub-fora.

2. Read, learn, and read some more.

3. Become a VIP Member to support the forum.

There is a wealth of information here, you just have to dig a little and members will gladly help you along the way.

WELCOME thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

+1 to both. There are a ton of good reviews from the experts like by-tor, lani, ubi, etc...as well as from other members on the models you mention. Lots of people have put in a lot of time getting some great info on the site. Take your time and you will be well rewarded. Welcome to the forum!