When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help! My 111J is running 5 secs a Minute too fast...

Hip Hop

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone can help with this problem, the watch has been fine since I got it from PerfectClones in December, but in the last few days if has been running way too fast and ending up hours ahead of the actual time...

I timed it this morning at 7.05am for a few minutes and each one was 5 seconds too fast, it's just now gone 7.10pm and the 111J is reading 7.55pm, so in 12 hours it has gained around 45mins!

What could be the problem for it to suddenly go wrong?

Could it be fixed with a service? (and if so, who is best to send to? I'm in the UK)

Thanks, Dan!

Have a good look at the balance spring there maybe two coils touching. Then have a search there are numerous posts about a possible solution.

Andy I think I have that problem on my brand new pam177L and was going to send it back to the dealer but it looks very nice so if there is a solution to fix it easy I would love to find that thread!

I have already tried to adjust the balancearms as cloose as possible to make it go slower but it still is way to fast!

Hey thanks for the reply, unfortunately I have pretty much no idea about the internals of the watch and I'm not very keen on touching anything in the movement as knowing my luck I would probably end up causing more damage!

I don't mind having a look if there's little chance of damaging it further though, although I would need some kind of diagram to know what I'm looking at...

I did a quick search on the subject but could only find one other topic, and again it involved opening up the movement... :wounded1:

If it does need to be sent off to be serviced can anyone recommend someone who could possibly do a relume job at the at the same time? May as well get it done together! Also preferably in the UK/Europe...

Thanks, Dan!

Bump :wounded1:

If the coilspring IS tangeld then it ca be worth try this when the movement is NOT running:

You look at the coilspring and see if it looks like it is "overlapping" somewhere.

If it looks like that then try to separate the coilspring very carefully with a very small screwdriver or sharp toothpick so there is a little "space between the all of the "turns" of the coilspring.

I have also read that You can tap the case a couple of times and see if the coilspring turns freely!

I had a pam 177L that I was just going to send back when I tryed both of the above metods and suddenly when I winded the moement it started to work as it should!

Good luck and use a loupe when You work with the coilspring!