When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken 3717-01

Eton

Well gents,

If you're a fan of IWC, then you probably spend copious amounts of time in this section, gawking at the IWC App or at the official website drooling on your keyboard. This watch needs no introduction and is undeniably one of the most popular pieces in their pilot collection. With its classic dial, propeller-like hands and red seconds hand, it's the essence of a true pilot's watch. Simply put, the 3717 is 42mm of pure stainless steel horological ecstasy!

After seeing builds from our esteemed members and the simple elegance that poured from the watch, I was smitten! So, I purchased a 3717 straight from Vac last spring with the usual goodies (Lume, service, Gen Day/Date wheels & Chief AR'd crystal). Out of the box with a few tweaks, it's one of the absolute best reps I've owned. I picked up a Gen Kevlar strap from one of our members here and it arrived on the same day as the watch, oddly enough. I needed a buckle, so I emailed the nearest boutique and they had one, the owner simply asked for my address and the next email I received stated it was in the mail (on the house), I was shocked and offered to pay him, but he refused. So, I sent a gift card for their generosity...he didn't expect that one!

It's a great daily watch that you can wear with anything, dress up or dress down, it just works with everything. I took the watch to New York for our summer holiday and it was a great travel companion regardless of what excursions we did. So, when the opportunity came up to build a Franken, I sold some watches (with a few tears of course) and placed the order! The parts arrived Christmas Eve, I made an appointment with The Zigmeister (I didn't want to mess anything up, especially with these parts) and yesterday...she came home! I decided to use the A7750 for now (Sacrilege, I know), I'll throw in a Gen movement later, but for now, I'm a happy camper. I've had great luck with this watch and have met some amazing people because of it, to whom I'm forever grateful! I'm on cloud nine as you can imagine...but, without further delay, onto the specs!

- Genuine Caseset (Including crystal, crown, pushers & caseback)

- Genuine Dial

- Genuine Day/Date Wheels

- Genuine Hands

- Genuine Kevlar Strap & Buckle

Special thanks to The Zigmeister, Hugo and our great community!!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Here are some quick shots I took last night, I hope you enjoy!!!

Cheers!

drinks.gif

3717F1.jpg

3717F2.jpg

3717F3.jpg

3717F4.jpg

3717F5.jpg

3717F6.jpg

3717F7.jpg

3717F8.jpg

3717F9.jpg

3717F10.jpg

3717F11.jpg

3717FLS.jpg

3717FW.jpg

3717F12.jpg

3717F13.jpg

3717F14.jpg

3717F15.jpg

3717F16.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is really nice. What movement do you have in it Swiss 7750?

Thanks D! A7750, I should have specified, so now I have! :D

Hey K! If you get tired of it and you need a winder..........my wrist is always available!:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Looking good, Buddy!:1a:

Thanks F! :good:

Wow! Wow! Wow! Great watch and presentation!

Thanks for the nice comments W!

Looking awesome K!!! I know you were excited for this one to finally come home! :Jumpy: Glad to see it's arrived safe and sound! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks S!!! It was the most stressful package I've sent through CP, I sat outside the post office before and after sending the package for minutes...almost praying I guess?!?

:drinks:

Sweetness! I can't wait to get mine from Concepta and your post is making me nuts with anticipation!!

Who's your AD?? Can I get his contact info?? :D I need to source a buckle and the AD's around here are total tight wads!

Example- I called one place and told them I needed a buckle. They gave me the run around and told me to come in. I told them I wanted to make sure they had it in stock so I wouldn't waste a trip. They couldn't answer if they had any because the in house watchsmith was out to lunch.. I left my number but never got a call back.

Cheers and congrats on an awesome watch!!!

Sweetness! I can't wait to get mine from Concepta and your post is making me nuts with anticipation!!

Who's your AD?? Can I get his contact info?? :D I need to source a buckle and the AD's around here are total tight wads!

Example- I called one place and told them I needed a buckle. They gave me the run around and told me to come in. I told them I wanted to make sure they had it in stock so I wouldn't waste a trip. They couldn't answer if they had any because the in house watchsmith was out to lunch.. I left my number but never got a call back.

Buddy..i will fix one for you! No problems!

Thanks man! Sorry to test your patience, after reading your thread, I thought it would drive a few guys nuts! :p

Dealers can be weird sometimes, but others can be a great asset!