When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 251 Daylight chrono..... 7753 accuracy.

SchaffhausenFanatic

Hi Guys,

As many others have already done, I'm excitedly waiting for my 005 order to come through.... and ALREADY thinking of the next 1 or 2 to check off. They told me, and warned me, but I didn't believe them. Its a sickness.

So anyway, I'm looking hard at the 251 with the A7753 movement. I originally wanted the 188, but it seems that the 251 may be a bit more accurate (yes?). Does anyone have experience with this model and its tells, degree of correctibility, etc? Unless I have missed them, I haven't come upon any real hardcore reviews/critiques.

Thanks!

There is a fair bit of discussion on these models mate if you check out here and RG.

The biggest flaw IMHO is the size of the subdials and chrome markers but there are other issues but these are generally QC issues like lume and CG lever etc again you will see these discussion under various threads regarding any of the DLs.

I am not sure if the newer versions of the 251 have been effected in the same way as the 250 etc ie Lume, subdial cone pins etc

As for the movement itself, The Master did a breakdown of these and as long as you get a decent service and replace a few parts you can expect the same longevity as most other rep movements :)

I have one which was serviced and relumed CG mod etc which I am very happy with...

With decent QC you wont be disappointed mate Good Luck :thumbsupsmileyanim: