When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

quartz breit reps

urbanshogun

Have there ever been any reps of the breitling models where the gen is actually a quartz? A cousin of mine has this quartz number with two second hands that's pretty cool.

it would be nice because a quartz rep of a quartz gen has no movement issues, subdial placement et al

has it been done and i just missed it?

I can't imagine Breitling making a watch with a quartz movement. Cartier and Hermes do it, and seem to do it well, but not Breitling. There's no doubt that in some instances a quartz movement is beneficial, like in a Brequet or Patek rep with no second hand. But, IMHO, it's best to stick with automatic or hand-wound movements...even for reps. The Asian 7750 is one of the best movements available, almost equal to an ETA movement.

I can't imagine Breitling making a watch with a quartz movement. Cartier and Hermes do it, and seem to do it well, but not Breitling. There's no doubt that in some instances a quartz movement is beneficial, like in a Brequet or Patek rep with no second hand. But, IMHO, it's best to stick with automatic or hand-wound movements...even for reps. The Asian 7750 is one of the best movements available, almost equal to an ETA movement.

Breitling makes some of the best quartz watches (gen) out there. Thermo compensated, accurate to plus minus 15 secs a year!

Check out the Emergency, B1, Aerospace, Colt, etc.

Anyway, I would love a good Aerospace rep. I haven't seen anything close, nor have I seen anywhere to buy correct 988 series ETA movements.

1998_original_voh5a8g3e.jpg

Breitling has about a gazillion quartz models and even some of the best (affordable high-end) quartz movements too. (ETA with modded controllers, thermocompensation, etc.) There are even quartz navitimers. For a company that puts so much effort in telling everybody that they sell "tools for professionals" quartz makes perfect sense too..

And don't tell people the A7750 is one of the best movements available, cause it's not.

@urbanshogun

While there are some supernice gen quartzmodels there are no good reps of them. They could get the gen (unmodded) ETA movements (like they did with the Porsche 6 and Tag Heuer Formula 1) and make some awesome reps, but I guess there are too many people out there that will take a dirty A7750 over an ETA 1/10th second chronograph every day.. :bangin:

Yes they make quartz watches. Funny thing, the only breitlings I've ever seen worn by actual pilots were quartz.