When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Searching for the perfect sub

hascho

Hi everybody!

I know this question is as old als can be.

I read the [censored] manual again and again :black_eye:

The reviews are very informative, but the clock is ticking.

And so some of the informations written down are no longer up to date.

So I decided to ask all of you:

What is the best Submariner for money in EU?

I read something about WM9, Euromariner, Noobmariner...

And the more I read, the less I understand in fact.

So I beg for your help - first about the available Subs in general and then which model to choose from which dealer?

PS: I like the old Subs without engraved rehaut best - no chance to get such model?

Thank you all!

Guest Sql_pl

Your best option would be to get one of the famous WM9 pieces from someone, they show up at sales corners every now and then.

If you don't want to wait then I guess you could try getting in touch with BK, he sells some good Subs now with flat S, I think these are second best now and only ones somewhat available.

Your best option would be to get one of the famous WM9 pieces from someone, they show up at sales corners every now and then.

If you don't want to wait then I guess you could try getting in touch with BK, he sells some good Subs now with flat S, I think these are second best now and only ones somewhat available.

IS BK an EU-Seller?

Does he have a website or other way to contact?

http://repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=131551

Better hurry

BK WM9 v2 for a crazy low price in Europe

crazy low ? :animal_rooster:

i find the price expensive ?!

i recommend that you contact PT in UK -

he get get you the supreme ? Sub wich is the same watch sold right now on RG but with a nicer movement and

a lot cheaper ;)

stay away from the WM9 V3 version wich is pretty [censored] up :)

and dont pay this crazy prices some people asks ...

cheers,

Frank

he get get you the supreme ? Sub wich is the same watch sold right now on RG but with a nicer movement and

a lot cheaper ;)

cheers,

Frank

All the versions of the Subs make me real dizzy and subtract my wish aspiration for that watch.

What would be a fair price for the watch?

I talked to PT today about the Breitling CE, maybe its the better choice.

Well you'll notice I'm not buying it, I wouldn't pay that much for that particular watch... but the market value of the WM9 v2s has been shown over and over on the various rep forums to be closer to $700. They sell for $675-700 all the time, typically within hours.

a lot cheaper ;)

The PT / Supreme (which is/was the same as the WM9 v1, not the v2) is a pretty nice watch. But last I heard, a "lot" cheaper was still $400+ and you don't get the WM9 dial/hands which have superlume.

The WM9 v2 has the higher crown position (doesn't matter to me, but a big deal to some) and it's a matter of opinion whether the v2 or the v3 was the better watch. However, it's basically unarguable that one or the other was the best Sub rep ever made.

cheers,

Frank

WM9 is gone, so if you want one you have to pay. That's how markets work.

All the versions of the Subs make me real dizzy and subtract my wish aspiration for that watch.

What would be a fair price for the watch?

A better way to approach it is, how much do you want to spend? Then ask what is the best sub you can get for that price. The popularity of the Submariner means that there is a version out there to fit every budget.

Honestly, you can spend $150 and get an ETA Noobmariner and have a pretty darn good rep. We obssess over little details here--99% of people don't know what "rehaut depth" means, let alone can tell.

Noobmariner is not a bad idea :)

or wait a little till a better version comes out - atm the prices for WM9s are too crazy -

why not getting an Panerai from the Hublot factory meanwhile - more acurate than the WM9s for ´$200 ;)

cheers,

Frank