When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

the best daytona

elenuccia

You did not bother me, but there is no 'best' anything in the rep watch game. Each & every rep contains a unique set of errors & problems. You, the buyer, has to decide which set of issues offends YOU the least. What bothers you may not bother me & vice-versa. It is always best to set your sights on a single model of watch & then educate yourself on the details of the genuine watch. That way, when you begin searching through sellers' listings/pics, you will have at least a basic idea of where each rep deviates from the gen & can then make an educated buying decision for yourself. If you are interested in a current model, the 1st thing you should do is take yourself to your local Rolex authorized dealer (AD) & try on the watch you are interested in. Unscrew the crown, wind it, set the time & use whatever complications (features) the watch has so you know what the real thing looks & feels like in your hands.

thanks for you reply and i really appreciate the effort to explain me. I bought in the past a rep of AP from a seller (i will not tell the name, i learn the lesson :)

What watch was fantastic excpet for the fact that after 30 days become dead.

That's why i put my question...and sorry if (im sure) someone put it in the past already. Maybe you know actually which is the model that POTENTIALLY works better than other, and after all you can tell me which is the seller that sell it (in the pm) of course.

Do you know what i mean? ;)

Thanks

I believe 1 of those links I gave you explained that rep watches contain used or unserviced movements. Because of this you should always factor in the cost of having a professional watchmaker service (clean, oil & adjust) your 'new' rep if you want to avoid problems like you described. This is a common problem with all reps unless they are properly serviced by the owner.