When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mini Review Of The Mignatta's

tutima

Received the Sicily and Venice from V last week. Wore them a few days to break them in before I can form my opinion with them.

Pros:

The leather are of pretty good quality. Certainly different from those run of the mill, production line straps that you can purchase from the online stores. The Sicily has a shiny finish while the Venice has a matt but not quite nubuck finish. The straps were a little stiff when new which was expected for straps at this thicknes (4mm+). They have softened up nicely after a few days of wrist time.

Cons:

The finsh on the side of the straps especially on the short piece was not very good. The holes were punched not quite evenly.

Personal impression:

The straps actually look and feel more of custom handmade straps than the straps of mass production. The imperfections mention above in actural fact enhence that feeling. I am quite sure that these straps will age nicely after more wrist time. These straps are so good that making me wanting to get the Florence as well to complete the collecton.

A few pics here for your viewing. The Sicily is on the PAM111F and the Venice is on the Arktos:

129805-19531.jpg

129805-19532.jpg

129805-19533.jpg

The Sicily:

129805-19534.jpg

129805-19535.jpg

129805-19536.jpg

The Venice:

129805-19537.jpg

129805-19538.jpg

129805-19539.jpg

My other PAM's. The 192 Tantalium chrono and the Davidsen 009 PVD:

129805-19540.jpg

129805-19541.jpg

129805-19542.jpg

That's all folks. Thanks for looking.

Great review my friend..

I have definately noticed the two cons you said (holes and edge finish) and I will try to improve in the next production.

When straps are hand made they usually cannot be 'perfect' but they have that vintage feeling the straps had many years ago.

The Florence strap is by far better than the Sicily and Venice, with a softer hide (so it is a much softer strap).

For a vintage look those two are the best but as a strap the quality of Florence is better than those two.

Personally I wear the FLorence many days of the week.. ;)

Great review my friend..

I have definately noticed the two cons you said (holes and edge finish) and I will try to improve in the next production.

When straps are hand made they usually cannot be 'perfect' but they have that vintage feeling the straps had many years ago.

The Florence strap is by far better than the Sicily and Venice, with a softer hide (so it is a much softer strap).

For a vintage look those two are the best but as a strap the quality of Florence is better than those two.

Personally I wear the FLorence many days of the week.. ;)

The florence is amazing it makes me sad I traded it to leitz before recieving it because it is awesome. I was really just looking for a very light strap and the paw is very very nice, but the florence is great.

The florence is amazing it makes me sad I traded it to leitz before recieving it because it is awesome. I was really just looking for a very light strap and the paw is very very nice, but the florence is great.

I have the Paw Marker coffee brown on my 009 PVD as seen in the pics. I found it to be bland and not made of very good quality leather. I had to do some light distressing myself (wet it, roll it, fold it, treat it with leather conditioner and allover again) to get it into an acceptable shape. (The quest for a good strap for my 009 that fits into my budget continues).

The buckle that came with the Paw Marker is of pretty good quality. It is on the Venice right now as shown in the pics. Overall, it is not the strap with quality that I am looking for and the price reflects that.

Will I buy another one..? Probably not at this moment.