When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Strange Question about the 3714 Portu'd Hands ?

rckh

Dear All:

I got Concepta IWC 3714-01 about 1 year ago; everything work great & I love it so damn much! Today my watchwinders broken & send to repair. So; I packing up all my collection + clean them one by one. When I clean my 3714-01; I found a strange thing.....the hour hand tip is "curve upward" which is different from the minute hand tip "curve downward"......As I remember; most of the IWC hands tip are sightly curve downward in order to compensate vision distortion made by the doom crystal. I wonder; is it my hour hand normal or it's a wrong installation? Can anyone clarify that for me? :g:

A million THX for your help!

Best Regards,

Raymond

Edited by rckh

You have to find someone who has actually handled gen hands. With most watch hands I would guess the hand is simply bent the wrong way (I.e. you can't put the hands on wrong side up either because there is lume on one side and/or the tab where the hand attaches to the pinion allows it to only go one way). I am guessing port hands look the same on both sides. So my guess is bent the wrong way....but it is a guess.

the tab where the hand attaches to the pinion allows it to only go one way).

Any expert can confirm that? I'm not a watchsmith; so I don't know if there's a TAB on the hand which allow it only install on the pinion on one way......

I just looked at my 3714-01 and the hour hand is straight/slightly tipped upwards. The minute hand is slightly tipped downwards.

I will talk to the expert (Domenico) and ask him..but it seems like it´s OK. It´s hard to decide without pics :)

Chinga Linga :drinks:

Hi! N:

No doubt I don't have any problem on this hand installation since I bought your Portu; it work perfectly. But I'm just curious whether it's ALL portu like this or only in my case..

Best Regards,

Raymond