When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

112 - Dial/CaseBack/CG/Movement questions

ATEspo

The 112 is my favorite Paneari and I currently own a LH112, but its not in the best of shape, so I am building another one out of my current LH112, a 111J, and a 219L. I am going to use the LH movement out of my 112, the caseset of the 111J, and the crystal, sandwich dial & hands of the 219 but I need help with the Caseback and CG.

So I have a "J" & "L" series caseback I want to use but I want to make sure the series goes with the dial, movement and CG. (no I dont have the LH caseback :( )

So if I am using a sandwich dial and a movement like this, what caseback should I use, "L" or "J" series? And what crownguard shuold be on it (brushed/polished)? A rollerball CG like the J series or a non-rollerball CG like the H series (like the LH CG)?

09J042_06.jpg

I've been trying to look at photos all over the place to try to get everything figured out.

Thanks in advance, and if I dont make any sense, tell me and I will try to explain it better.

Well, you're in luck because either caseback should work. The LH112 dial (sandwich dial) and the movement pictured above is accurate for H series on. The CG should be brushed, but the rollerball was introduced transitionally in the J series. So you could have a J with or without roller ball. For L series though, you would need the rollerball.

PS. Don't think you want a LH caseback anyway. His is an I series with round case tube. Newer models like the J case you have, come with a hex crown tube.

Well, you're in luck because either caseback should work. The LH112 dial (sandwich dial) and the movement pictured above is accurate for H series on. The CG should be brushed, but the rollerball was introduced transitionally in the J series. So you could have a J with or without roller ball. For L series though, you would need the rollerball.

SWEETNESS! SO I have everything I need to complete this build.

I will make my mind up on what CB and CG I will use later.

BTW, here is mine whistling.gif

111j case set

219L reversed dial

C3 crystal

REAL Swiss 6497

The movement is not accurate but I like it

I love it!

I am going to use the 219 dial too, seems to be a little better than the LH I have.

How different is the 111J case versus the case of the newest Hublot factory Panerais'? (005, 219, 318)

Edited by ATEspo

I like both cases.

I've used the 111J case for my 112 and the 219L case for my 010D

We have the same tastes brother!

Im gonna build a 010/114 as soon as I am done with the 112.

What dial are you using for your 010?

Nothing like the base dials!

We have the same tastes brother!

Im gonna build a 010/114 as soon as I am done with the 112.

What dial are you using for your 010?

Nothing like the base dials!

DSN 114 dial for the 010, however I'm planning to buy a gen dial in the future

BTW, PAM 010D is on a white 'croco' style strap and is on my wife's wrist thumbsupsmileyanim.gif