When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Palp Crown variations - Are there any?

PeteM

Hopefully you more senior guys will know this off the top of your head...:)

Did Palpatine produce only one type/variation of crown in terms of thickness, teeth, bezel, cup etc

From going back till original release I seem to get the feeling there was an original limited release which wasnt great in terms of bezel etc then more were produced with improvements in this respect but throughout this they remained oversized at 2.1..

Though I got the impression a 1.9 approx or certainly thinner was produced later on...is this correct or are all P crowns 2.1 and just variations on bezel etc

In addition was the cup size ever changed.... were these gen deep....0.55(I think) or 0.3 like Sl of T's

And lastly if you have read through this, with gens the thickness could be varied by a fraction ...1.9 to 2.05 ish but did the bezelling and teeth angles (I cant recall correct term;) ) I am asking more in relation to PreAs I have noticed in a number of reference pics that thickness seem to vary but of course this could be an optical illusion given most PreV cases were slightly bigger than PreAs and the CGs were bigger in arc and so were the openings within them so crowns may look smaller/thinner in the cartier CGs....

Thanks guys :)

He made both 1.9 and 2.1's and had at least 2 runs. They were originally marketed by Palp but made by Opcrown. Opcrown then marketed a run or two himself in both titanium and ss. I don't remember there being shallow and deep lip but the bevels were certainly different from offering to offering.

The 1st generation/batch was overbeveled like dsn crowns. It was the 1st real run and some kinks still needed to be worked out, 2nd and 3rd batches were better in terms of bevel. Batches 1-3 were all shallow .5-.55mm shallow dish.

4th and most recent batch that happened in spring of 2010 is not overbeveled and is available in Ti, SS & PVD in .9 and 1.2mm. Shallow .55mm dish or .80 deep dish and in 2.1mm thickness. I had multiple crowns from the most recent that batch and if you get a good one you're set but some I received had off center tapping and flash.