When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Building a 112L

ATEspo

Okay, I am still waiting for some watches from China to finish my 219/111/112 swap-around-build but I have a few questions.

After reading all these 'reviews' about the 219, 177, 111, etc I am noticing everyone is complaining about the sandwich dial, that the cut-outs are not 'deep' enough. Now this is one of the reasons I ordered a 219, for the dial of my future 112 build.

So my question is this, should I just re-use my Little Hero 112 dial for my 112 project or use the new 219 dial?

My original idea was to use the movement and dial out of my current LH112. After talking with some members they convinced me that the 219 dial is much better than the LH dials, but after reading reviews and looking at photos, everyone complains about the depth of the cutouts, which to me is a HUGE issue.

Thoughts, input?

Thanks in advance!

There are 2 issues with the new dials in terms of cut outs...one can be negated the other you will have to live with...

The thickness of the top plate is thinner but the amount of lume increases the height and so you lose the depth....Given the lume on these are not accurate in terms of uncharged colour...you should be considering getting it lumed anyway.. Dont get me wrong it is a decent rep lume but it is a very dirty colour in an uncharged state...

Or if the bottom plate of LH dial is decent, They do vary, then you could try swapping...

If you are considering the LH dial overall then you would need to say which version of his dial you have...

LH did 3 dial variants of note...but he did vary some dials between production because he was doing them on an individual basis so there are consistency issues as with all reps that are modded...so you can see differences in sheen/dial finish, dial texture, as well as Fonts, and inscription colour etc Also his lume varied in terms of quality, thickness etc..

Some of his dials I have seen in my hand are IMHO much better than the current dials but I wouldnt say thats a rule in terms of consistency... Plus some that have been preowned have been modded so you could find an LH with new lacquer coat etc etc.

There are 2 issues with the new dials in terms of cut outs...one can be negated the other you will have to live with...

The thickness of the top plate is thinner but the amount of lume increases the height and so you lose the depth....Given the lume on these are not accurate in terms of uncharged colour...you should be considering getting it lumed anyway.. Dont get me wrong it is a decent rep lume but it is a very dirty colour in an uncharged state...

Or if the bottom plate of LH dial is decent, They do vary, then you could try swapping...

If you are considering the LH dial overall then you would need to say which version of his dial you have...

LH did 3 dial variants of note...but he did vary some dials between production because he was doing them on an individual basis so there are consistency issues as with all reps that are modded...so you can see differences in sheen/dial finish, dial texture, as well as Fonts, and inscription colour etc Also his lume varied in terms of quality, thickness etc..

Some of his dials I have seen in my hand are IMHO much better than the current dials but I wouldnt say thats a rule in terms of consistency... Plus some that have been preowned have been modded so you could find an LH with new lacquer coat etc etc.

I only have 2 photos of my LH112 on my phone. Although I am unsure what version I have, I will note that the dial texture is absolutely amazing and the fonts are pretty damn close, thats why I went with the LH.

Now I purchased a 219 specifically for the crystal and case because my LH112 case is pretty scratched up and my crystal is not in the best of shape (I've been wearing this thing 5 days a week for the past year and a half). I was going to have my watchsmith mix and match the parts around from my LH112 and 219. I have the plans ready to go (which to use: movement, case, caseback, crown guard, etc.) but now I am faced with the delima on what dial to use.

Here are the 2 photos I have, and can take more when I get home.

photo1wa.jpg

photo2pm.jpg

I guess I will wait until Monday when I get my 219 and see in person what dial looks better.