When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Original Authentic OMEGA logo?

cdaeng2

Never really noticed it til my recent Rep. PO purchase.

Didn't know what happy feet was, still not 100% sure.

Now I've read/searched forum and people are calling Omega logo with edges pointing up a HAPPY FEET.

On my GEN. Speedmaster Day/Date, on a dial there is no happy feet but on a bracelet, back, and even on

booklet there is a happy feet. Kinda confused, I bought my GEN Speedmaster from a local authorized Omega dealer.

Can someone clear this up for me? What is Original Authentic Omega logo, is it with happy feet or without?

I was maybe thinking original logo has happyfeet but not on a dial??

thanks in advance

Never really noticed it til my recent Rep. PO purchase.

Didn't know what happy feet was, still not 100% sure.

Now I've read/searched forum and people are calling Omega logo with edges pointing up a HAPPY FEET.

On my GEN. Speedmaster Day/Date, on a dial there is no happy feet but on a bracelet, back, and even on

booklet there is a happy feet. Kinda confused, I bought my GEN Speedmaster from a local authorized Omega dealer.

Can someone clear this up for me? What is Original Authentic Omega logo, is it with happy feet or without?

I was maybe thinking original logo has happyfeet but not on a dial??

thanks in advance

In my original understanding, the logo of Omega included the so called happy feet (pointy bits at the end of the feet of the omega letter). And they kept it that way for the longest time. However, at some point it seems that Omega started to have attached metal logos and not just only painted logos. To simplify the production process they went for a more modern version of the omega, without happy feet.

Your speedmaster has attached metal logo, I believe, so on the dial there will be no happy feet... My gen speedy has painted logo so it has happy feet (indeed, on the papers and the clasp as well, you can see them).

So the metal logos on the Seamasters (included the one on the clasp) do not have happy feet, rest of the brand does, as long as it's not painted. My gen speedmaster reduced has happy feet, so does the moonwatch etc. If you go to the official omega web site, you'll see the happy feet everywhere... But not on the POs, nor some other models, I believe...

Edited by Pakz

thanks Pakz,

so there is really no telling whether the watch is Gen or Rep by it i guess...

still not sure why my GEN Speedmaster has 2 different logos, no happy feet on the dial, and happy feet on clasp and back casing.. <_<

I guess that yours has an sticked metal logo on the dial, so no-happy feet for it, yet being a speedmaster it has the "speedmaster bracelet" that comes with a happy-feet logo since most speedies have a painted logo on the dial (as the original models had). So instead of having two versions of the same bracelet, for different versions of the speedmaster, they just make do with logos that get "crossed" like on yours.

That's the price you pay (sic) for a "not really standard" watch. If you'd gone for a moonwatch or a reduced, like mine (the staples of the speedmaster familly), you'd have had "coherent" logos ;)

Or if you go for a PO, you get coherent (no-happy feet) logos as well...

In terms of helping know gen or rep, that's the conformity to the spec's of the gen that really make sense. The moonwatch has happy feet... so if you get a "non happy feet logo" on one, it's a rep. On the other hand, the PO should have non happy feet logos. So if you have happy feet, then it's an (old) rep...

Edited by Pakz