When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Modded Panerai Pre Vendom 5218-207A

dylan

I've been away for school and been off the boards for a while. I'm about to take my first licensing exams and getting ready for clinical rotations. I'm suppose to be studying, but I'm taking a break and just got back to looking at the forum. I may make a purchase...lol...its been a while...not sure how much have changed...

I don't have my proper photo tent so just took some quick and dirty shots of this watch. Its definitely been one of my favorites. Sorry for the poor pics and smudges and such. The dial/hands were vaclumed....

If I wanted to be more authentic I should of done a tritium aged look, but opted for the bright vaclume because of ease of getting it done. The CG is sort of old school....if you've been around the past couple years...you'd know it as a 'V' CG...Tight lever...the whole watch feels high quality....I've had a lot of modded PAMs but this one became my favorite.

It needs a better crown, but I was in a rush to build it and used a crown that would involve the least issues with the tube as well as I didn't want to grind down the 'V' CG because at the time I was considering using it on another watch and didn't want to commit the V CG to this particular watch. I've just worn it like this since. I still love it.

When I get home from school and have some time, I'll do a review with comparison of the real deal.

I still need to finish my ETA 063 as well as my ETA 196...

I intermingled some gen pics for fun....the last 3 pics...

Some scratches for authenticity....Not bad for a $35K watch :)

b1ab172ac9dcb538d7ca41e0711bcd27.jpg 970025aec10664ae46ace7205a352ca0.jpg

4aee178ad060f2d89ebe5be297e31de4.jpg 34062aeea543209f3798ed299394b191.jpg

2dfab4db00cf01fc88f433ca31b7f95d.jpgd9d766bb7c776c1fa0da331a94d17a86.jpg

829537f78e56211504a55215c3ceacc8.jpg cdfa1a18780efe9d47e9b3f962c39232.jpg

Hi O.

Its good to see some other old timers as well...I know I either sold you something or bought something from you...Your avatar is too recognizable...

What? Heresy sticks out in your mind? Unpossible.

It certainly is nice to see some old hands about... I've been out for a few years myself, just wandered back in a few weeks back... I find it still is a comfortable place to be.

My Slytech is the /218A I believe... PVD Slytech from DSN, gotta dig a photo of that old warhorse up, it's showing many battle scars these days... Truly a vintage piece now..