When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Glycine Airman 7, Genuine? (note, blurry pics)

Josetann

Found this on ebay, dunno what the price will go to, maybe it'll stay reasonable: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I have no idea what to look for to see if it's genuine. Seller's feedback is good, pictures are blurry but from what I can make out, the watch looks legit. The only rep I've seen has had obvious flaws you could pick out even from a blurry pic (the Swiss Made text, the non-seethrough caseback, etc.). But, I'm a newbie here, and could be missing something else obvious.

Assuming this watch is genuine, any idea if I could get the dial redone in a different color? I love the white dial/black subdials on the reps, though I could live with the genuine's grey/black (this one looks to be black/black, so I'd need a new dial).

Thanks!

It looks gen to me based on the movement (although it is hard to see). There are people out there that can refinish dials for you, but I would suggest keeping it as-is in case you want to sell it. Refinishing the dial would decrease its value. You may be better off getting a new dial for it and keeping the old one.

The Zigmeister, I love that watch. I remember when you got it. I have a rep. white with blue subdials and blue strap. correct size and spacing. So, I passed. But I do wear this one and really enjoy it. I know the white/blue combo doesn't exist in Gens, but it's a great looking piece.

I don't think it looks to big on you, but to wear it, you can't be shy!!

Here's my genuine for comparison, too big for me, so I'll probably part with it some day...

My wrists are 6.75", so I think you have to be a really big fellow to pull one of these off...

10678-4851.jpg

RG

Hard to tell for sure, but looks like I may have slightly larger wrists. Yes it's a huge watch, but it definitely gets noticed. Not a single person has commented on a Rolex Submariner, Yachtmaster (midsize), GMT Master II, or any other brand watch, but I've gotten several comments on mine (a rep with white dial, black subdials). It's a watch that really catches the eye, without having to be all blinged out, or have Daytona printed on the dial (Panerai is another eye-catching watch, but this thing puts all PAMs to shame, at least in sheer size).

So, you're thinking of parting with it? I might know someone in the market for one, especially if I...er my friend...gets outbidded on this auction (btw, no I haven't my friend hasn't placed a bid yet, I like my friend likes to wait until the last minute).

Edited by Josetann