When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 026 questions

JohnDorian

Is winding the movement supposed to feel so crappy? It clicks a lot and feels quite a lot worse than winding a 7750 or 2824/2892. Would a real Swiss ETA movement improve this?

Is it okay to wind with the lever down in the closed position?

What does Sead mean when he says the lume isn't correct? It needs to be relumed to be a real sandwhich?

Wind with the lever open, your putting undue wear on the crown, stem and winding train otherwise.

The hand wound 6497/6498 series will always feel much different than a 7750/other auto movement... Look at the movements side by side. Notice how much larger the parts in the 6497 are. Notice the giant click wheel on the 6497... That much louder / easier to feel click is normal.

And as to Lume... The baseplate of the dial has depressions where the Lume is applied on the Gen (at least as I understand it) and the rep dial is flat, hence the incorrect Lume and "Flatter" looking dial.

I see thanks.

So Seads mod will make the dial look like a deeper sandwhich?

Not sure what process Sead uses for the dial, the problem is that without the depression, the number cutouts sit on top of the lume and appear shallower as a result, falsely projecting the thickness of the top plate. I have a 111h Ultimate from him, whatever he does, the lume is excellent and the sandwich dial looks great :)