When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Seamaster 300m automatic / Blue

tgchrono2

I'm in Ireland, let me know if interested, and we might be able to strike a deal. Don't need it anymore as I have gen. Also only worn twice and bracelet never worn, was on nato when worn. Also removed original pearl and put in smaller more centred pearl. Still not right but looks better than the vast majority of smp pearls. Otherwise watch is not altered.

Not sure if I'm breaking forum rules by posting on this part of forum, probably should've pm'd you, I was going to put it up for sale in a few weeks anyway when I do a clearout. Pics below, lighting not great. Let me know what you think.

dscf1517k.jpg

dscf1519j.jpg

dscf1521b.jpg

dscf1523s.jpg

dscf1524nk.jpg

dscf1527rb.jpg

dscf1529a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I liked it very much. Own wondering why the factories they have not produced an ultimate version of this Omega. The one that cartel dealers have with red writing and co-axial also written is any good?

Hi tgchrono, glad you like it, I think a better version used to exist years ago, back around 2006/2007, but that factory has now closed. It still wasn't a superrep but was better than todays versions. The two probably best version around now are wbk and mary and each has flaws and advantages, neither are even near perfect. Any smp rep is going to need a lot of frankening to make it gen like and it is barely worth it as 2nd user gens are not too expensive.

The new version (red version) I believe is worse than the old ones, but I haven't done enough research on those. The best smp reps ever were probably the chrono versions, especially the old one.

Yep I'd say go for gen, if you can get one reasonably cheap. The quartz smp is a great everyday watch. If you can get the auto even better. I know people have issues with quartz but this is well worth it in comparison to say buying the rep ETA smp, The eta rep is still seriously flawed. WBK's rep smp is a good tester (try before buy) as the watch is cheap and is enough to see if an smp is going to suit you. The quartz gen is bulletproof and I saw one go a week ago on tz for around 700 euro. Keep an eye on tz-uk as you are in the EU. They are available even cheaper at times in the US.

By tor did a good write up a few years ago, but still valid today, about questioning the point of buying expensive reps of watches that are pretty damn cheap on 2nd gen market.

That's a very good price tbh, the RRP on these in the UK is £1440 GBP. Even grey market new is about £1300 GBP.

http://www.precisiontime.co.uk/omega-21230416101001-seamaster-james-bond-300m-quartz-gents-watch-p-5684.html

I've seen a few go on the gen forums for around £800-£900 GBP, so in euros around 900-1100 euros depending on how good the condition is. The black is nice, a little more dressy than the blue, but still a lovely watch. I have the black in co-axial but I have the blue in quartz. I bought my blue quartz for around 850 euro in mint condition. I would say 800 euro is a good price for the black quartz, you could sell it on for the blue later and maybe make a bit of money if it's in very good condition. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

good morning guys

below are photos of my new GEN Seamaster Black Quartz & REP (WBK)Seamaster Blue Chronometer .

imag0049y.th.jpg

imag0048j.th.jpg

imag0040t.th.jpg

imag0039z.th.jpg

imag0038c.th.jpg

imag0031x.th.jpg

imag0032je.th.jpg

imag0034ni.th.jpg

imag0037ew.th.jpg

imag0036l.th.jpg

c36020110510072941.th.jpg

c36020110510072941.th.jpg

imag0029f.th.jpg

imag0047um.th.jpg

seamaster5.th.jpg

imag0044v.th.jpg

imag0045lc.th.jpg

The great differences are =

1) Crown (complettely wrong)

2) Crystal AR (lack of it)

3) Hour & Minute shorter hands

4) Different case back (Omega Insignia)

5) Case thickness (maybe because GEN is Quartz?)

6) Total Weight (maybe because GEN is Quartz?)

7) Different SS color (REP is darker)

8) Lume (GEN has also on hour markkers)

9) Hour markers (larger & whiter on GEN)

For the price of 110 usd the REP is overall good value for price.....

The GEN is outstanding !!!

That looks great, tg, you got a minty watch at a very good price.

The great differences are =

1) Crown (complettely wrong)

Yes definitely

2) Crystal AR (lack of it)

Yes!

3) Hour & Minute shorter hands

Check :)

4) Different case back (Omega Insignia)

The older versions of gen smp 2531 and 2541 had different caseback to the newer (red seamaster) versions Much more detail in the new version.

5) Case thickness (maybe because GEN is Quartz?)

This seems to be an smp rep thing. I don't know why it's thicker, either inaccuracy or needed for movement. The quartz gen and co-axial gen are thinner and similar in thickness to each other.

6) Total Weight (maybe because GEN is Quartz?)

Auto's will always be heavier than quartz afaik

7) Different SS color (REP is darker)

Probably due to the much better finishing on gen, or less impurities in the metal?

8) Lume (GEN has also on hour markkers)

Yep!

9) Hour markers (larger & whiter on GEN)

Gen black smp has blue/white lume, the gen blue smp has standard white/yellow lume.

For the price of 110 usd the REP is overall good value for price.....

The GEN is outstanding !!!

I agree, rep is a good tester watch, but is well off in terms of accuracy and if they are not producing superreps at this stage of the smp's life then we will never see a superrep(God knows they've had plenty of time!). It's nice to give it a test drive before considering buying a gen and that's it. Paying more than 110 $ is insane for an smp rep when we consider 2nd user gen prices. Frankening a rep eta smp ( yes it can be done!) when we consider used smp gen prices is chronically insane...I'd have to question whether the person should be allowed out in public :thumbsupsmileyanim: lol, just imho!

Oh, almost forgot, the gen smp bracelet is one of the best most comfortable bracelets ever made on any watch. The rep doesn't even come close, So we forgot to include the bracelet in the list of differences. Anyway tgchrono, looks great, wear it well.

btw your pics are huge! :)

Edited by cougar1