When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Gen vs Rep Deployant Write Up

BMW760

I have had many a discussion with people about REP bracelets, straps accessories etc. I personally have noticed that the REP factories do a heck of a job on the watch, but in their attempt to maximize profit, give us some of the nastiest accesoriess seen to mankind. Some of the leather straps I have seen look like they were made from cat/dog/fecal matter all mixed together. I picked up a Depolyant on Ebay about a year or so ago. It was listed as a Genuine Breitling Product. I figured I would snatch it up because it was half price of what the local AD wanted. Well guess what folks, there was a reason ! :cop:

So our subjects are your typical Breitling 20mm deployant. Looks very sharp with their high quality leather and rubber straps. I like it more than the buckles.

On the left you will see the REP and right will be the GEN. Notice the Rasied logo and finer detail. Also there is a difference in the size of the logos

deploy004.jpg

deploy001.jpg

REP

deploy002.jpg

GEN

deploy003.jpg

REP- Notice the different font and sizing on the word BREITLING, along with other wording

deploy008.jpg

deploy009.jpg

GEN- The more Familiar BREITLING lettering that most of us know

deploy007.jpg

deploy010.jpg

Side views

REP- Notice exposed ends of bars

deploy012.jpg

GEN- The bars are not exposed. Smooth finish from the sides.

deploy011.jpg

One more comparison. GEN is the closest one in the picture

deploy006.jpg

In overall look, the REP is slightly longer by MM's . In the end it's up to you what you prefer to wear. The quality of both is not really comparable. The GEN snaps open a lot smoother. Hopefully this will keep you folks from buying a REP by mistake. Also, you get to see why GEN makers charge more for their accesories. Hope this helped some of you :)

The raised style logo was introduced at the tail end of 2009 for 2010 models. Prior to this, the logo was embossed Not only is the logo raised, but the corners where "squared up as well". The gen also has more curvature to it, that makes it fit much more comfortable to the wrist.