When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Don't tell anyone,Stevie is buying a Pam....

Dave123

..... :pardon:

Boy o boy my first rep watch (new) in a couple years being ordered,talking to Josh now,my wife wants a new J12 so i thought i would toss in something for myself,why not.

Been there,done that on pretty much everything rep watch,and yes i have owned Pam reps in the past.. :animal_rooster: not a big fan :whistling: but certain models i do like,not the boring one's like 005's etc but the like's of the 253 and similar i have always liked,i see there is an "Ultimate version" now of the 253,so this i am buying.

Did a quick search and didnt come up with much on this model,i am buying it on rubber,cutting a piece of leather off someone 1960's leather sofa and attaching it to my watch like you guys do is not for me... :bangin: but the rubber strap i can do for summer.

Thoughts?...good rep?...strap not too shabby?...

Seems good to me from what i have learned over the years about Pams,but what do i know. I am Stevie.... 8)

You wont be disappointed with that choice mate... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I did some breakdowns of this model with the 212 and 286 etc which might be worth a look if you want non dealer pics etc I am sure someone will describe what they look like.. ;)

:)

I have the updated 253 from Josh, Dave.

A really beautiful, well done watch.

No glaring tells that I can see really, even the blue chrono needle is spot on.

However, you will love the smell of the rubber strap...

I found the thread,nice shots. Watch looks great,what are the obvious rep tell's? And is the rubber strap on these the new one that is suppose to be better then the old one?...thanks Pete. :drinks:

To be totally honest mate.... I dont think it has anything obvious when its on your wrist.... possibly the crystal in terms of distortion and shape.... but I couldnt see many people knowing it let alone spotting it on the wrist..

Yes there are flaws but nothing obvious....

The rep rubber in my humble opinion aint anything like the gen despite these being the best version... again its good but it aint that good :)

Ya well,i want good. Where do i get a gen?. 8)

I think Walmart is the Panerai AD here,maybe i should go check...:)

Theres a few on VP and risti for tang XL but nothing for deployant at the moment...

Yeah, the vanilla smell, a combination of stale vanilla and...dirt.

LOL, I will never look at ostrich the same way again.

Listen mate... in all seriousness... before you OK that watch with Bodgit and Scarper..... you need to ask for a lume shot...... as I cant believe any watch that good would also have the correct lume ....