When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replicast Is On The Air

andreww

Feel free to send topics or links to threads that you feel should be discussed. The first episode was really just a primer for newbs, but I feel that segments like the "new releases" and "technical info" will be regular features. I do need your help though, as I would like to cover topics like reluming, servicing, etc. Also, reviews of watches that you have received would help greatly. I'm starting to put together show notes for the second episode, so feel free to contribute!

Andreww

OK, constructive criticism.

Background music is bad. I listen to podcasts mainly in the car and to have music playing while you're talking really makes it difficult to hear. Plus your actual audio is quite tinny and low volume as well compared to other podcasts I subscribe to.

Technical details are very important. Use a good microphone. Speak clearly, slowly and don't mumble. A good thing is that you're not mumbling which a lot of people tend to do, they start by speaking loud and clear but drift off and get quieter.

My biggest criticism really is the quality of the audio, the actual content is good. Lose the background music (I had to turn the volume up high to hear you and when the music faded up, I had to quickly reach for the volume).

And thanks for what you've gone, great to hear something about reps and I look forward to more of them.

Thanks Feek!

The music was put in there to act as a pentameter so I could keep an even rhythm to the show. Once I get more comfortable with speaking for that length of time, I'll eliminate it. Sound quality is more an issue of a lack of the proper equipment. I was just using the built in mic on my powerbook for this episode, as I didn't want to buy a bunch of new equipment until I was sure that the REPLICAST was something that people wanted to hear. Also, I was more concerned with content over the technical aspects for this first show.

Thanks for listening, and I can guarantee that all your criticisms will be addressed in future shows!

Andreww

LOL! Always wondered how its pronounced? There's no AD in Toronto so I have only seen the name Panerai in print on the web. Fill me in, how do you say it!

:yawn:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=1729

(warning: PAM table there is outdated. Latest version is here).

Thanks sssurfer, I'm practicing already!

You are welcome :) Can't wait to hear your Italian pronounce... I just doubt it would ever be so funny as my English... :lol: