When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Food For Thought, Or Watches For Thought , Lol

rbj69

Well i have been here for over a year now providing u with new stuff to make your watches look better and also other stuff like helping many members with there watch problems, whether it was directly or indirectly connected , movements servicing, gold plating, etc....

OK here some things some should think about , just because u paid little to nothing for a watch does not mean your watch repairman/modifier is going to charge u any less for his time/work , lol what i mean is, we have set prices on things and just because u have a asian movment or a eta movment , the work to service it is the same , so why would u think we should be cheaper on the asian just because u paid a 100 bucks for the watch ? lol truth be known many of the asian autos/chronos take more time to overhaul and or fix , and most of us base our work on time and or certain jobs.

This is about me, if u r in a hurry then u shouldnt send your watch to me, u have to be patient (usually 2 to 3 weeks but can be better or worse, just depends on the sitituation ) , i do not rush jobs,and i have many people that desire my work, so i stay pretty busy and or steady at worst, mostly i prefer doing cosmetic stuff and i have been pretty flawless for over a year , there is a reason for that actually, its because i take my time with each piece and i cant and will not zip through it , that is when quality starts to fail and that is when u read threads saying is this right? mine looks different than yours, and etc. i also do movments but i dont do them personally , i have a very competant friend that does them , hence the movment tutorial thread pinned under watch repair ! i also do gold plating, really, just about anything , lol if i havent done it i sure will try it , i love a challenge for sure!!

Basically, if u want a rush job and cheaper price and a so so job , i am not your man, this is fun for me and my passion and if u think about it ,u dont see many watches i worked on go up for sale , to me that tells me the people r keeping them and wearing them and most of all enjoying them!!! which makes me feel happy , remember guys i have been doing this stuff for over a year for u and i can count on my hand how many watches i have done during this time that went for sale , (not many) so again i must be doing something right, right?

By now many understands me and also understands that i spend alot of my personal time improving things or doing one on one talks helping people do it themselves and i invest in my hobby/passion(my money and time), many times i will buy a genuine just to go mod by, im a man that doesnt believe u can capture the true artistry from a picture on the internet , i also buy many replica watches just to see/know some differences to help guide people in questions like,Whos got the best___? ,many times ,i dont even really want that particular watch , lol its just fun to see and i do it for u guys mostly , and i only use the best tools for the job, (that cost money) , so what im getting at is ,i spend alot of money on trial stuff , projects, tools and just because i like to be versatile and great at what i do , i also have wasted money on many dumb tools and cheap watches and movments and parts , just to see if it was any better (lesson learned u get what u pay for), lol and again i spend alot of working and family time just to make improvments , to make u guys happier with your watches, i think i need therapy , lmao (Omg! i just basically said watches sometimes comes before my family , someone slap me,im sick lol )

Now i would like u to all know i really appreciate u all and love doing stuff and or helping all of u , whether it is using up free time to help u or doing work for u for a fee , to me if it is watch oriented , i love it , so there is no real dumb questions to me , if u couldnt find the answer to your question and u looked and asked others , please dont hesitate to ask me!!!

Also i hope to meet u all sometime in the near future , i think it would be fun and educational , now back to work lol , please, this stuff is not pointed towards any one person , just stuff that i think about and wanted to share with u , just a little something about myself and who i am!

Sincere,

RBJ69(JOE)