When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Regulating a 25J ETA Movement - Screw adjustment not enough

Hi folks,

I have a sub with a 25J ETA movement and it is running about 15 seconds slow a day. Tried removing the caseback and adjusting the small screw 3 notches to the + side but only made a minor improvement(certainly not 5 seconds per notch). I know there is a bar to the bottom left of this adjustment but I can't see it really well and that it is used for course adjustments. I have done it before about 4 years ago for a watch that was running really fast (I think I spread the fork (bar) apart. But I can't remember the specifics of how I did it.

Are there any tutorials/picturials that show how to adjust the course adjustment and which way does what. Tried searching the forums but most show the screw fine adjust and just reference the other course adjustment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Without a timing machine you are grasping at straws. If the movement is out of beat(Beat Rate Adj.) regulation will be near impossible. Also, A movement in need of service will be tough to get consistent performance out of.

Where are you located? A competent watchmaker can bring it into acceptable range in a few minutes(Assuming the movement is clean.

I have a timing machine and it is invaluable.

Located in US. Was trying to do it myself to say the couple of month turn-around time with our super busy respected modders.

The other method worked perfectly for me before. The watch still runs super at about +2 seconds fast per day and I adjusted it about 4 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

@tshoot: hello mate, i know this prob, if the fine regulating srew is at the end try to regulate with the other bar.

Normally this is not for regulating because you could stop the mainspring. but maybe it will just work and you could get a few seconds ... :)

Cheers,

Bulopha