When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

OEM gen Alligator straps (get them while you can)

Rolexman

Some of you guys know I tried organize a group buy for OEM gen alligator straps for Panerai. There was huge interest but due to the specific sizes and design characteristics the maker charged me more than I expected. The group buy was cancelled.

After I decided I wanted a IWC 3717 I got the idea to have straps made for IWC. I didn't want to disappoint members again so I started a new project on my own in which I up fronted the money myself. I gave the order to have gen alligator straps made for IWC (22mm at the lugs). Will be picking them up Thursday and post them in the strap section along with specs and prices. Limited of 20 pieces (brown and black). All I can say is alligator for the price of calf ;)

Keep your eyes open :rolleyes:

The 3717 is 21mm at the lugs... but 22mm is possible to squeeze on.

Great initiative!!

I know but 22mm is more versitile. I know a fact that you can easily fit a 22 on a 21mm lug. Looks perfect :thumbsupsmileyanim:

These are the colours I have made.

-Black with black stitching

-Brown with off white/ ivory titching

post-682-0-54729100-1305136655.jpg

post-682-0-29134100-1305136666.jpg

cool are they IWC style?

The straps are ment for tang buckle if that is what you mean. The maker did however told me he would try to make it bi-functional. Don't really know how that will turn out so me and my $$$$ invested are pretty anxious to see the result thursday ;)

The straps are ment for tang buckle if that is what you mean. The maker did however told me he would try to make it bi-functional. Don't really know how that will turn out so me and my $$$$ invested are pretty anxious to see the result thursday ;)

I am in for a brown one ! can we book already ?

Just picked up the straps. Lighting is bad now so I will make good pictures tomorrow and post them in the strap section. The black straps were not available as the the big grain was out of stock and i didn't want the small grain (lot cheaper). Only 10 pieces Honey brown for now.

I'm really pleased with the result. Perfect finish, smooth and best part of the alligator used (belly). I asked for ivory white stitching but they used a matching colour instead as it was more like the original according to the maker :mellow:

Am getting lot of PMs. Hopefully I still have something to post in the morning :lol: