When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help - can't make strap short enough on Carrera Day/Date

rek001

Aloha y'all - well, I just received the Carrera Day/Date Singapore F1 green version from Joshua, really, really nice watch and even though I don't like the appearance of titanium, it is stunningly lightweight for a watch of this size.

I am having a problem though - I got the watch with leather strap and I'm having a very tough time pulling the strap through the deployant far enough to make the strap short enough to wear. The strap is geting too thick to pull through any further, and so I'm prevented from wearing this very cool new watch.

Any ideas or suggestions what I can do?

Thanks very much.

Ok, I spoke to Josh about this - nothing he can do.

Did some more research, apparently Micky Padge got an OEM strap from someplace that he was able to use with the rep deployant, so I may go this route.

Or, I may just get a 22mm strap with unbranded tang buckle and be done with it.

Fair warning: if you have a 6.5" wrist and get the 43mm Carrera Day/Date you will not be able to size the strap down enough to be able to wear it. Besides, the strap leather is c**p anyway.

Hi Mickey, yes, I saw your photos showing the strap you got from this seller, looks VERY nice!

I will check with him.

And, if I may ask, did you have trouble getting this strap to go through the rep deployant that originally came with the watch? The slit is very narrow.

Thanks much.

Hi Mickey, yes, I saw your photos showing the strap you got from this seller, looks VERY nice!

I will check with him.

And, if I may ask, did you have trouble getting this strap to go through the rep deployant that originally came with the watch? The slit is very narrow.

Thanks much.

No problems at all, I have 6.5" wrists too ;)