When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

idontknow

So I lurked for a couple of days before joining, then upgrading.

New to the site (no kidding huh?), and it looks like I am going to fall into another "money pit" of a hobby (what's another to go with the other 2 I already have). As I put in my profile-

Been interested in reps since a deployment to South Korea in '03 (where I picked up Rolex reps for both my spouse and I). Other interests pulled me a way from the interest for a while, but now that my rep has died after 8yrs of faithful service I am looking for a. a replacement, and b. more/others to add to a collection.

I am looking to replace my original Sub rep, then most likely tear it down to find out what made it run, and use it as a learning tool.

Dead as a door nail, and somewhere along the way the pearl went MIA-

post-36775-0-67340100-1306168604.jpg

Tell us your price range, and we can suggest current "best" models to fit your budget. Also .. Vintage classic styles or modern styles?

Welcome to the forums.

One last thing .. please reduce the size of your uploaded photos in the future to 1024 wide at most. It improves the load times for everyone.

Already have a sub replacement in the works. After many, many hours of reading I ordered from bk.

My price range for such things will be inline with what I will be paying for the bk. Modern is kind of my preference, but if something shows up FS on the board of a vintage nature, then who knows.

Oh, and thanks for the heads up on pics. Next time I post a pic (may be a while) I will do my best to remember.

Welcome to watch heaven! Buckle up and enjoy the ride! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Isn't that the truth! I just replaced a Gen Seamaster 212.30.41.61.01.001 that I sold last summer with a Gen 2220.80.00 that arrived today...

Now I am looking to see what varieties of Reps I can add (along with the BK mentioned above) to fill up the stable.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey idontknow !

Welcome to the forum buddy; you have picked the BEST place to learn about the replica watch industry, buy some amazing watches and most importantly make some fantastic new friends. :)

If you ever need any help, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Cheers,

Angus

So, I had a deal that I completed on this site with what appeared to be an established and credible member of this board.....

I purchased a used watch from the board and paid for the item the morning of the 1st (while driving to work that morning at 0514 PDT).

After I sent a PM saying I wanted to purchase the seller responded with-

Sounds good. My paypal is XXX@yahoo.com I will include shipping for the 110 net to me. After you send payment message me your address and I will get it in the mail today. I will also mark the ad as sold.

At 0535 the seller PM'd me with this after I provided my shipping info-

I will get it in the mail for you.

Enjoy

On the 2nd I sent a message-

please let me know when it has gone out and shoot me any tracking info you may have. THX!

On the 4th I received this response-

Watch was sent out priority. They don't offer tracking with priorty but you should have it monday or tuesday.

Enjoy

As of yesterday it still had not arrived so I sent a PM asking for status/update (that has gone unanswered)-

Just wondering what day this went out because it isn't here yet. TD WBK on RWI sent me a pkg from NJ on Saturday by Priority and I received it yesterday.

Today a package arrived in my box. It was a flimsy 5x7 bubble wrap mailer that contained a spare crown (in a small plastic bag that had been worn through by the edges of the crown), and a spare bezel insert (in a paper envelope) in the same plastic bag as the watch but not padded between. The kicker was the postmark that showed a ship date of the 6th, with a USPS track number that is not recognized in the USPS online system.......

And this is someone on this site that has been around for a few years.

I am really finding it sad that I can't seem to find much credibility with some of the people in this hobby. I seem to have run into some of the dregs right out of the chute (between both here and another site). What's really wild is that I have been buying/selling on firearms boards for the last ELEVEN years, and on a bicycling hobby board for the last SEVEN years and never had anything like this happen.

I am fairly certain that only TD's/established modders will be receiving my hard earned $ from here forward.

Not wanting to sound like a whiner, but WTF?

C'est la vie....