When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Broken 177m

modeldoctor

Just got my 177m with the asian 6497 movement today and it looks great. Unfortunately it's not working so great. It seems to be gaining crazy amounts of time. I matched it to a stopwatch and it was gaining about 4sec/min. Is this gain serviceable or is the watch beyond repair? I am willing to try small scale repair, but this seems like beyond anything I can do. If this is repairable can anyone recommend a local watch repair shop in central Florida or someone who I can contact online for repair?

Thanks for the help

Its definitely not beyond repair. You can adjust the balance spring to fine tune the rate. If you do some searching around you will find some instructions, but here is a picture to give you a better idea

RegulatingWatchesSummary.jpg

That being said, 4 sec/min is a lot so you should probably get it serviced - which is a good idea with any movement anyways

I would go for the service mate. There are several rep friendly watchsmiths in the States who are wekk known on this forum.

The 177M is a beautiful watch and deserves a good service. I have been wearing mine exclusively for a few days. Just can't get enough.

Dude, my 177M would not wind when I got it. I managed to fix it just about but not 100%. It's a little frustrating, but these are $200 and a bit reps. They deserve a service given how good they are. For the first time, I can actually wear a Pam rep without having to make major cosmetic changes. That is awesome

Just got my 177m with the asian 6497 movement today and it looks great. Unfortunately it's not working so great. It seems to be gaining crazy amounts of time. I matched it to a stopwatch and it was gaining about 4sec/min. Is this gain serviceable or is the watch beyond repair? I am willing to try small scale repair, but this seems like beyond anything I can do. If this is repairable can anyone recommend a local watch repair shop in central Florida or someone who I can contact online for repair?

Thanks for the help

Needs to be demagnetized? :g:

Check movement with compass behavior