When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Unboxing a 328

subbiesrock

Note:

Before proceeding, please ensure that your keyboard is suitably protected from drool or other liquid spillages...

Recently, RWG member Wheaton26 posted a comprehensive comparison of his Gen 312 with the new 'Best Edition' 328 version from Angus. Announcing the imminent sale following the post, I chanced on the listing and snapped it up, in one of the quickest transactions to hit RWG :):drinks:

Having seen a plethora of gen unboxings on the board, I decided to post this unboxing, to remind those 'gensters' among us about their 'rep' roots... There is no pearwood, no screwdrivers or rubber straps, none of the unnecessary, unimportant extravagances. Instead, I present you with a Panerai unboxing... 'rep' style... ;)

I'll let the pictures do the talking ... ;)

Unlike the traditional triple-box, the rep comes in a single box, doing away with the Pearwood... Who needs pearwood anyway ;op

da018755.jpg

I reckon if Panerai stamped their foam with the OP logo, they'd be able to sell it for a million bucks a square metre on Paneristi... ;)

6c4bd345.jpg

Safe and snug...

4ab60b34.jpg

Wristie...

709a5ea7.jpg

I've been taking things apart since I was a child... Luckily this one fit together without a screw/bolt/washer left over... ;)

aa0bc0f4.jpg

Endlinks (FRONT)

fa45da8b.jpg

Endlinks (BACK)

2b110e3b.jpg

Caseback... 0313/1000, soo close! Either one less or 15 more and it would have made my year... ;)

0ce6b5ec.jpg

Putting the tongue in cheek Paneristi-bashing to one side, Wheaton did a stellar packing job and is a star for buying this rep just to take those amazing comparison shots and serving the wider RWG community :) And now, I get to have a rep with some historical provenance... The first Reg/Gen comparison AND the first 328 Best Edition on the RWG sales corner... ;) I should have paid double! :pardon:

Now... This bracelet is getting resized and this sexy 328 is hitting the town with me. Hope you enjoyed ;)

Edited by subbiesrock