When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What's wrong with my 45 UPO?

DP8

Strap came apart yesterday. These 2 parts just came apart when I un-clasped the strap. Tried to put them back together, but nothing. I've worn this thing 3 times. It's brand new. Any ideas? It's a swiss UPO 45mm.

post-5658-0-35262600-1307278921.jpg

The center rivit has broken, if it was quite new i sugest you speake to the person you bought it from and ask what they can do for you, in the mean time the UPO looks great on a number of different straps

The center rivit has broken, if it was quite new i sugest you speake to the person you bought it from and ask what they can do for you, in the mean time the UPO looks great on a number of different straps

Aren't these supposed to be the "best of the best"? I have a $100 cheapo 42mm PO and they don't even look the same. How could both sides just come apart like that? I am not happy, this is really frustrating.

What other straps will fit on these? I really wanted the SS one. Hopefully seller will help out.

Btw, what's the best way (tools necessary) to remove links on a UPO to re-size? Had my 42 done by myself but thinking (well, WAS thinking) about doing the 45 myself

Well it is one of the best but the more you read the more you will find is that quality control is the problem with reps and you have what could be considered a minor problem.

resizing the bracelet on a UPO is as hard as it is on the gen

I use both these tools on omega bracelets,

DSC00080.jpg

the thicker one to get it moving and the thinner one to push the pin through (dont lose the sleve)

There is a fix for that problem DP8, I've done it myself before.

You need to get a steel pin/thin nail, and cut it to size. Then apply a small amount of high quality superglue to both ends of the pin and fit it in. Also, every half hour or so, you might want to move that clasp area around to prevent the glue from sticking to the thicker metal piece (the one with the pin sticking out that the clasp attaches to). If you applied glue to ends of the makeshift rivet this should minimize the risk of sticking.

FxrAndy,

Where did you get the one on the right? (the red pusher). I Have one of the larger ones, but as you said it only pushes so far.

There is a fix for that problem DP8, I've done it myself before.

You need to get a steel pin/thin nail, and cut it to size. Then apply a small amount of high quality superglue to both ends of the pin and fit it in. Also, every half hour or so, you might want to move that clasp area around to prevent the glue from sticking to the thicker metal piece (the one with the pin sticking out that the clasp attaches to). If you applied glue to ends of the makeshift rivet this should minimize the risk of sticking.

Already spoke to who I got it from. He is replacing the bracelet for me. I am not going to superglue it.

Already spoke to who I got it from. He is replacing the bracelet for me. I am not going to superglue it.

If your dealer is replacing the entire bracelet for free, then that is good. However it may very well happen on that one too, I've had it happen on 2 UPO bracelets, the rivet the factories used is not very good quality.

Also I had a good incentive of keeping my original one, I re-brushed and polished the bracelet to match the grain, hue and lustre of the gen :D

If your dealer is replacing the entire bracelet for free, then that is good. However it may very well happen on that one too, I've had it happen on 2 UPO bracelets, the rivet the factories used is not very good quality.

Also I had a good incentive of keeping my original one, I re-brushed and polished the bracelet to match the grain, hue and lustre of the gen :D

Nice. Well, if I have another issue, I'll see what I can do with your instructions. Thanks man :victory: