When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need a good Rolex Mfg/Factory education

Bato69

I have recently been interested in Rolex watches and still I am learning a lot. It is so difficult to keep my head straight since I see one watch and head over to that particular forum and start studying and learning about those models etc. Anyways- I have always loved the classic Rolex and been interested in a DSSD. But I am torn and still learning on what I should pick up etc. So here is my question and you can educate me.

That was an interesting thread about MBK in the earlier sections someone asked and it explained a lot, but still I am confused, are these watches also manufactured by these individuals.

I have been looking at various "Ultimate" or "Super" versions of the DSSD and I am confused which one to get. Which factory is sourcing the best 'out of the box.' I am not asking which dealer but actually which company. Because I see certain dealers source a variety of the same watch with various prices and even 'similar' YET not equal description.

Ok sure, correct '10' at the bezel is a given, but are there any side by side comparison's done similar to the Noobfactory vs WM9 'Sub's? just for the DSSD? Hope I can spark some interest and even a review maybe unless its already done and I am utterly fail.

Thanks but that doesn't tell me much. What I am curious about is the variances in the variety of factories etc. For example for ages factories have released PAM's but when H- factory started releasing their Ultimate line of 005k's, 176/177 it put all other factories to shame. (I know this is the Rolex forum).

Now the same question I am attempting to refine by comparing or understanding WBK models of the DSSD vs the Noobfactory models or other factory releases (such as Milguass factory 1:1 version). I know this was done with the Submariner showing that the WM9 outclassed the Noobfactory model hands down based on "Crown Etching," "Clasp etching" etc etc etc. Well with all the new Ultimate and Super DSSD reps out there, I was wondering what people's thoughts are.

Edited by Bato69