When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Build Help

turnipz

Hey guys I need some help with a tudor snowflake I am making. I am using joshs 5512 case, a tudor 9411 dial/hands, I have a 2784 with date for the movement, and am looking at getting a genuine crown/tube.

The problems I have are getting the 2784 movement out, I was wondering if theres a spring setting lever I need to unscrew before I push the pusher in and take the crown out. Also what crown I can buy to fit the case, I have been told its relatively easy to install once I have them but I need to know which one to get before I can even attempt to install.

here is joshs case I have so far.

img034p.jpg

Oh nice, thanks for the fast reply. I am at my gfs house at the moment but I remember there being 2 screws at the end of the crown, I'll post pics of the movement in a few days once I'm at home. I shoulda probably thought to do that before making a post. :bangin:

Okay my crappy camera doesn't seem to be able to focus on the movement without being a blurry mess, though it does look exactly like this one I found online. Is the red circle the screw I need to loosen 1-1.5 turns? Also what constitutes a turn of a screw driver, is it 360 degrees?

meowmix.png

see the little NON screw circle, which is actually a button... up and to the right of the screw your circled. you push that in with a 1.20mm screwdriver ONLY

found this via google in 3 seconds

CaseClamps.jpg

"Sample of case clamps of an ETA Caliber 2836-2 inside a Titoni Cosmo King Day-Date. Note, the watch has also a white spacer ring. In addition you will see the pusher location for releasing the stem (small circle next to upper case clamp). The lower case clamp is covered by the rotor. You will have to move the rotor away to unscrew it."

Oh sorry I was misinformed, I was under the impression ontop of pushing the button there was a screw that had to be unscrewed. As seen by number 3 in this article I found: http://www.pmwf.com/Watches/WatchSchool/WS%2011%20How%20to%20remove%20and%20replace%20a%20watch%20movement/WS%2011%20How%20to%20remove%20and%20replace%20a%20movt.htm

If its just the little button this will be a lot easier than I thought, thanks for helping a newb out. Hopefully I never have to take a movement apart. :p

Edited by turnipz

Oh ya, the joshs I got was his 99$ one. Damnit so thats the problem, I guess I have to buy a new crown then. Can anyone point me to ones that would work for this, would any 7mm rolex crown I can find on ebay probably work?

Edited by turnipz

Nevermind I see how the movement stem/crown work now, I put joshs crown on the 2784 movements stem and stuffed it in. It however is too short I believe, as it runs in the time-set position but I cant push it in without screwing it in, and it stops running if I screw it in.

Here it is so far: IMG042.jpg

Also another question if anyone can help, my movement rolls around quite a bit how exactly is it secured to the case in a 2784? Can I make it a bit tighter?