When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bracelet Links Getting Damaged On Sub

Ozzy

Hey,

recently i've been noticing that with one of my rolex subs the bracelet links are starting to get damaged. It seems to be caused by one link pushing up against another link when the bracelet is slacked. When i can get my camara to start working i'll post some images in. Basically what it is doing is taking he brushed steel effect off some of the links. It happends when it has been slackened and links have chafed against each other.

Does anyone else have this problem and is there any way i can get back the brushed effect? Is there any tips? Also does anyone know how to remove scratches from brushed metal, i remmember something about some sort of pen which cn remove them but i cant remember what the name of it was.

Thanks guys/ girls.

Edited by Ozzy

• 3 weeks later...

I found this Rouge Kit that looks great!

Here is the article...Looks very good to me! :)

No matter how careful you are, wearing your watch will eventually cause it scuffs and scratches. But you don't have to accept the scratches anymore! Get rid of them quickly and easily and produce a brilliant mirror finish or a brushed/satin finish in just minutes!

To remove scratches and create a mirror finish on your watch you need to remove surface imperfections. How smooth do you think you can get a metal surface? Light reflecting off of a metal surface reveals the most minute imperfections. That is why you must precisely hone the surface down to tolerances measured in microns. 1 micron is equivalent to 0.00003937 inches or 0.001 millimeters.

Most people are not familiar with dealing in terms of microns; so to help put this into perspective consider the following:

►A Grain of Table Salt = 100 microns

►A Human Hair (average diameter) = 50-70 microns

►A White Blood Cell = 25 microns

►Talcum Powder = 10 microns

►A Red Blood Cell = 8 microns

►Bacteria (Cocci) = 2 microns

This kit will allow you to polish imperfections done to around 1 micron or less!

The assortment of abrasives included in this kit are: 30, 15, 9, 3, 2, & 1 micron.

There are 16 squares per sheet, each square measures approximately .8125" or 2.06 centimeters each. Each square is labeled with its micron rating to simplify the task of scratch removal and polishing. You will not find this system selling anywhere else, so if you're tired of paying a jeweler to touch up your watches or rings why not give this system a try?

The system is simple to use and comes with step-by-step instructions that explain how to produce a satin/brushed finish or a spectacular mirror finish on watches or rings. This kit can be taken anywhere and used anytime; there is no mess, no smelly solvents to wipe up, and no expensive equipment needed. I have hundreds of satisfied customers all around the world, try asking around the various forums and find out how much they love these kits.

Deluxe Kit pictured below.

The Deluxe kit includes a set of six optical grade micron abrasive sheets, a non-slip work pad, and a 2 part Jewelers Rouge Cloth!

The Rouge Cloth is impregnated with a sub-micron graded abrasive to further polish and bring out the luster in the metal.

►►The Deluxe kit sells for $14.99 ($16.99 shipped in U.S., $17.99 shipped outside of U.S.)

If you already have a Jeweler's Rouge cloth, the Basic kit is available without it.

►The Basic kit sells for $9.99 ($11.49 shipped in U.S, $12.49 shipped outside of U.S.)

PayPal and U.S. Money Orders only.. PayPal to: watchbandrenew@yahoo.com

Shipping is available WORLDWIDE!

These kits can be used on nearly any SOLID metal surface from Stainless Steel, Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Titanium just to name a few.

Not intended for use on plated metals!

Your satisfaction is GUARANTEED, so get a kit today and get rid of the ugly scuffs and scratches!

Got questions? Great! I love em! Just email and I will try to answer as promptly as I can.

Wanna see the instructions? Just ask and I'll email you a copy!

Please email any questions to: watchbandrenew@yahoo.com

I purchased two tools made specifically for this purpose from TZTools.com: a fiberglass scratch brush pen to get out the deeper scratches in a brushed finish, and a very fine satin finish bar to restore the satin finish. Both are highly recommended from members of the various genuine Rolex forums.