When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Heuer Carrera 16 Dat Date SS vs Titanium versions

PolonusTM

I like the titanium version of almost any watach if available. There is Tag Heuer AD in my place but never carried any titanium version of the watch as specified in the post title, hence there was no way to see it in flesh :(

I tried to use web to find about differences of SS vs titanium and here they are:

1. The crown top is not filled with resin on Titanium version (this is OK in reps):

10.jpg

2. There is TH logo plate on a buckle in titatnium version vs engraved TH symbol (?) in SS (rep makers got it wrong in Titanium versions):

11.jpg

3. Titanium version have clearly additional "dishes" applied on minutes/hours chrono subdials where SS have them simply cut in the dial (another thing rep makers got wrong):

Titanium (applied):

9.jpg

2.jpg

This one is confusing, since it is SS version of Singapore but Titanium Singapore has the same plates:

IMG_8507.jpg

heres Titanium version (Singapore) but smaller pic:

TAG-Heuer-Carrera-Calibre-16-Day-Date-Chronograph-Singapore.jpg

SS (cut in):

myawjfle402ih44h3k-tag_heuer_carrera_day-date_017.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

4. The day date window frame front surface is matte in Titanium while polished in SS (rep makers assumed is polished on any version).

Am I right?

Edited by PolonusTM

• 2 weeks later...