When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New 292 K Ceramic Pics

Wolf

If I look at the gen, it seems to me like regular C3 lume and not the C1.

The C1 is just plain white and I'm pretty sure that the gen is not plain white.

If I compare the gen pics to my gen Black Seal dial, I'm confinced its the same colour. (the black seal is C3)

I have tried to find a good side by side pic but the lightning is very important to see what colour it is.

In the pic the hands look the same and if you compare the lume to the white seconds hand, you can also see that the lume is not white.

The C1 lume is as white as the seconds hand

I think the 292 uses the same dial as the 183.

post-9210-0-02139900-1308750345.jpg

If I look at the gen, it seems to me like regular C3 lume and not the C1.

The C1 is just plain white and I'm pretty sure that the gen is not plain white.

If I compare the gen pics to my gen Black Seal dial, I'm confinced its the same colour. (the black seal is C3)

I have tried to find a good side by side pic but the lightning is very important to see what colour it is.

In the pic the hands look the same and if you compare the lume to the white seconds hand, you can also see that the lume is not white.

The C1 lume is as white as the seconds hand

I think the 292 uses the same dial as the 183.

post-9210-0-02139900-1308750345.jpg

If you are right, then it is very good. No need to relume dial. :D

I did study a lot of gen 292 sales topic`s photos and almost all photos what I have seen for me lume seems a pure white C1...

Can somebody who has seen a gen in real life tell us, what will look gen lume color ??... :yu::g:

Gen, random photos from internet, compared with gen pictures rep lume is unfortunately much darker/yellow :g: :

292-TG004.jpg

1761330d.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

Edited by sul

I should clarify that my 111 is a little green but not as green as my 26k or the 292k when the lume is not bright. So When all 3 are lit up, they all look gen. However, when they are not charged, the 26k and the 292k are greener looking than the slightly less green 111K gen that I have. I will try to take pictures of this.

...However, when they are not charged, the 26k and the 292k are greener looking than the slightly less green 111K gen that I have. I will try to take pictures of this.

Maybe gen PAM`s not have C1 and not C3 also, some "their own" mixture , color between C1 and C3? :g:

Gen Lume is only greenish once its charged in daylight..... It is whiter

I think thats why the old reps always had that greenish lume when uncharged because the gens do look green in strong sunlight..

The lume is predominantly C1

• 3 weeks later...

Overall very good rep :thumbsupsmileyanim: , what I don`t like:

-CP is as usualluy bad. CP has to be flattened polished but on rep it is no good at all. Strange, I am the only one who is always complaining about rep PAM CP, but it IS for me VERY DISTURBING. Easy fix also , need new CP.

Interesting that most of you folks don`t care about CP what is very well and always visible... B)

And CP...crap.

Puretime is offering a $60 upgrade on a polished ceramic 292 case that will fix CP and get superlumed hands and dial.

Is this upgrade worth the price? Does this CP fix bring it any closer to being a GEN?

Puretime is offering a $60 upgrade on a polished ceramic 292 case that will fix CP and get superlumed hands and dial.

Is this upgrade worth the price? Does this CP fix bring it any closer to being a GEN?

New flattened polished CP sure( form me it is at least:) ) but no need to relume or even change hand set.

I was wrong, on gen lume is similar, close enough

Topic from RG:

gen vs rep 292K

ps)I don`t think that CP will be flattened-polished what PT will offer.

Maybe better quality CP but...not a big upgrade.

Edited by sul

• 2 weeks later...