When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I was in Hungary

GoFaster

Hi All,

Open this topic just to talk about Hungary and Budapest.

I was at the Novotel (Buda) for 10 days and for all persons who don't know Budapest, Go Go ! It's a beautiful city, very Clean ! The Metro Stations are nice and very easy to use... And correct price !

We have visited Terror Haza (house of terror)... Museum about communism and 2nd Mondial War persecutions... Very very Impressive and sad at the same time... But this house (museum) Must be visited to understand their past...

Andrassy street (Really nice) Is the Hungarian Champs Élysées ! I've seen a Rolex signboard at the Oktogon but impossible to find the Official Shop... The next time (go back to Budapest in October).

I visited the Zoo ( really cool)... We have seen the first baby gorilla born in captivity. So cute

And we have Made a lot of other activities and I'm really in love for Budapest and Hungarians ! They are really pleasant !!! Ah yes, the food was excellent in general and not expensive !

In fact, a little Topic just to tell that if you can Go to Budapest !!! You will LOVE !!!

I'm hurry to go back in October ! And still for 10 days, I'm too lucky !!!

Hi GoFaster,

It is really nice to hear that you liked Hungary a lot!! I am from Budapest, so that's must be the reason why I liked to read your comments about my hometown and country.

Hope you will enjoy it again in October! :)

Have a great sunday!

Regards,

Laszlo

Hello Laszlo,

And köszönöm for your reply !

You are lucky to live in this Town ! We have talked with a lot of Hungarians and they were always pleasant !

You will maybe help me... Where is the Rolex shop !? And where can I find shops with Good Swiss watches !?

For finish, with my wife we took every morning a coffee at the Commercial zone Mammuth and it's a good place with good shops. And the Mac' Cafe is Cool in a morning to drink a good coffee

Hello Laszlo,

And köszönöm for your reply !

You are lucky to live in this Town ! We have talked with a lot of Hungarians and they were always pleasant !

You will maybe help me... Where is the Rolex shop !? And where can I find shops with Good Swiss watches !?

For finish, with my wife we took every morning a coffee at the Commercial zone Mammuth and it's a good place with good shops. And the Mac' Cafe is Cool in a morning to drink a good coffee

Hi,

Szívesen! :)

I live close by to Mammut, so I assume you stayed at the Novotel which is close to the Danube on the Buda side!? Really nice area, that is for sure.

They have really good shops on the Vaci street in downtown. You could find almost all kind of brands, like Rolex, Omega, Patek, etc.

Let me know before ur next visit and I will send you the exact addresses.

L.

Waouh !!! Beautiful Pics !!! Remember...

Ah ok you are near Mammut, cool ! It's a nice commercial zone just near your home !

Yes I was at the Novotel for 10 days and it was perfect, good staff and nice Room with Free Internet, Cable TV, etc. The Spars market was my best place for buy food... And it was in a beautiful building with a lot of wood and a big double escalator... Just near a pizzeria ! And front the metro station Bettyani (don't remember how write it)... And we took the metro from this station to go to Dek station... Nice place in pest side !

Yes please give the exact adress

Sorry Andy haven't replied your Msg...

Yes if you can, go to Budapest ! I'm hurry to go back !

I know a big part of italia. I know well the Rolex shops of Courmayeu, Aosta and Milano ! I love Milano, I know well Torino but it's different of Milano... Not totally same... More industrial... I was few months ago at the Scandinavia Hotel of Milano and it was cool ! And I know Bari... I've took the Boat to go to Greece... It's old !

I have friends in South of Italy and it's a nice place to Go ! And you will eat very well ! And historically I have no Words... Italy must be seen for her history and ambiance !

But one more to all... If you have a week at kill... Go to Budapest you will be in love ! It's the first town where I go and where I have a special Love like this... Strange emotion ! You don't the know the streets,etc. But with the Danube you are never lost

Looks like Budapest has come a long way.

I was there about 20 years ago and it was quite wild then.

I stayed in a hotel that was a boat moored on the river, fun, but not very chic.

Fond memories of a place called "Sweet Milk" :) and there was a cool club in some ruins on the top of a hill....

Waouh !!! Beautiful Pics !!! Remember...

Ah ok you are near Mammut, cool ! It's a nice commercial zone just near your home !

Yes I was at the Novotel for 10 days and it was perfect, good staff and nice Room with Free Internet, Cable TV, etc. The Spars market was my best place for buy food... And it was in a beautiful building with a lot of wood and a big double escalator... Just near a pizzeria ! And front the metro station Bettyani (don't remember how write it)... And we took the metro from this station to go to Dek station... Nice place in pest side !

Yes please give the exact adress

You were close :)

The square with the market on called "Batthyány tér".

post-29447-130911631044.jpg

Yeah Laszlo !

Exactly !!! I've been on this place everyday ! We have tested Sandwich with Vegetables just near ! And on your photo when you continu just on the left side there is a little restaurant where I have found the Best Tartare of beef, with a very good bread ! Nice restau where we have talked with an Hungarian Artist (paint) who was really cool !

Hey Laszlo, Just before I go inside the Market I've bought Eggs to a very Old woman... I gave her euros and she was very happy ! Sure you have seen this Grand Ma !

@Donerix

Sorry but I don't know the place you are talking but I will look to go the Next Time, sure !

---------

Now for my next Travel I would like to have names of places of must really Go ! I want know more about Budapest and Hungarians... And not only places for Tourists... I want live 10 days In Budapest like an Hungarian

Thank You