When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Picked up the Bode Bang in trade...

The watch I took in trade can be seen here... http://www.rwgforum....__1#entry872913

The day of the trade with member Kimerathon1, a mikey2008 crystal was added (thanks J for doing the swap!) and today I polished out the blackened rotor screw and added the more accurate "H" transfer. I made 2 failed attempts at applying the "27 Jewels..." transfer, so will save the 2 I have left for another day.

I like how the sand-blasted ceramic surfaces change in different light... anywhere from a light blue gray to a warm deep black.

This pic was taken in the shade... in room light the bezel appears as dark as the screws.

bode02.jpg

The mikey2008 crystal is very impressive with it's polished edge (correct height with a slight bevel) and correct AR tint.

bode03.jpg

No black screws now, stripping then polishing the rotor screw only took a couple of minutes. Now the hunt begins for a properly engraved rotor.

bode01.jpg

I'm not a big fan of white dials, but this one has grown on me. This is my first Hublot and I'm impressed with the overall quality and the fact that many of the parts are actually ceramic as advertised... verified when it was taken apart for the crystal swap. I hadn't realized just how light ceramic parts are.