When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replacement strap for Mont Blanc Timewalker

Mills

I've got a gen Timewalker chrono 43mm which unfortunately has a rather battered original strap on it. Went to my local dealer and they quoted me £300 for a replacement alligator strap. After paying $120 for my last alligator from strap works for my rep 176 PAM I really don't want to pay 5 times as much. Looking around i'm really struggling to find a decent replacement and I'm looking for a bit of advice.

Anyone got any ideas? Watch boys look good but I've never used them before.

Trust me, dont buy the gen alligator strap at that price. From past experience and looking at internet reviews, the quality of the gen strap is very poor. They only last a few months, before breaking. A review on the internet showed that after 2 weeks the gen strap started to split in several places, because the sides are only glued together. If you want a gen strap at a cheap price, then look on ebay. One recently sold for £68 brand new. The other choice is to get a rep timewalker strap. For the price, the quality is very good.

Trust me, dont buy the gen alligator strap at that price. From past experience and looking at internet reviews, the quality of the gen strap is very poor. They only last a few months, before breaking. A review on the internet showed that after 2 weeks the gen strap started to split in several places, because the sides are only glued together. If you want a gen strap at a cheap price, then look on ebay. One recently sold for £68 brand new. The other choice is to get a rep timewalker strap. For the price, the quality is very good.

I wasn't very happy with the gen strap. It lasted me three years but the last year of that it has looked pretty ropey. I've bought a replica strap from Ebay for £30 and going to give that a go. Worth spending £30 even if it is a bit crap. If it isn't any good I might try and get one custom made.

Thanks for the advice.