When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3717 franken

miagi

Hi guys!

Its been a GREAT weekend for me! months of waiting has finally come to an end. I can wear my 3717-franken at last!

You probably know Eton's fantastic franken (all gen/sans movement) 3717. Well, mine and his 3717s is about as related as two watches can be.

I purchased his already modded rep-parts:

-Vac-lumed Hands and Dial

-Chief-AR'd crystal

and got a genuine IWC 79320-calibre from Concepta.

On the beginning of April it was all ready to go off to my local watch-maker to assembly. He is a small shop owner and mainly works on big wall-clocks and changes batteries for older women, but it says "master watchmaker" on his working title, so i guess he knows his stuff.

Being a competent watchmaker, doesnt make him a very reliable one in terms of holding up appointments.. when i delivered it in april he told me to come by a week later to pick it up... we have gotten to know each other pretty well over the last months him and I, but he allways sends me out the door with a smile on my face after we have had a good talk about watches in general..so it didnt matter that much.

And here it is.. i cant photograph at all, so pictures dont do it justice. But take it from me, its fantastic!

I have in on a bob strap for now, but contemplating buying a better strap..

IMG_2864.jpg

and here she is with my new pam 328L on rubber

IMG_2879_2.jpg

BIG thanks goes out to Eton and Concepta. And Fxrandy for selling me the initial watch about two years ago (I dropped it and broke a pusher) . - the German date disk is from that one.

• 2 weeks later...