When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Venus Movement Diagram ?

bkdc

I have never seen one...

If you have taken movements apart and re-assembled them before, the Venus 175 (unlike the 7750) is not a hard movement to work on...there are no suprises like there are on the 7750.

Start at the top (chrono seconds and minute [censored]) and work your way down to the last gear...taking it apart is not too hard, getting it back together and adjusted can be...

RG

I have never seen one...

If you have taken movements apart and re-assembled them before, the Venus 175 (unlike the 7750) is not a hard movement to work on...there are no suprises like there are on the 7750.

Start at the top (chrono seconds and minute [censored]) and work your way down to the last gear...taking it apart is not too hard, getting it back together and adjusted can be...

RG

Thanks, The Zigmeister.

I've taken the TZ courses, so I'll probably be ok! :) (hopefully)

Then you will have no problems...

First thing is to remove the 30 minute click spring and holder, as if you don't you will damage it while you handle the movement during dis-assembly...(guess how I know this...).

Other than this, your best to re-install each screw in it's respective hole, as they are all different, especially the ones in levers or springs...

Remove all the springs before the chrono arms so that they dont' fly off... be careful with them as they are easy to break if moved the wrong way.

Removing the large bridge covering the motion works is done before you remove the small [censored] with the escape and seconds gears and transfer gear.

When you reassemble, you install the second/escape [censored] first and wheels, then insert the 3rd wheel (you will see how it has to fit under the second wheel), then the 4th one and finally the mainspring, as you put the bridge over the motion works, you have to pull the mainspring click from the side to get it to seat properly...before disassembly have a look at how it moves (just below the reset pusher piece) so you know how to pull it out of place so the mainspring gear will seat in the click...if you dont' do this, it will damage the click when you tighten the screws.

Other than these points, it's not too hard to take apart, you'll do fine.

RG