When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM - Hublot 44mm sizing

lantis

Hi guys-- I've just received my first PAM and was little bit hesitant about it before because of the size (44mm). Now sizing it in the flesh, it actually sits nice on my 6.5" wrist. Before checking on PAMs though I was always thinking about buying a Hublot Big Bang. Any gents here with a Hublot and a PAM that can do a double wrist shot, something like this? Thanks in advance!

dscf0125b.jpg

I've asked for these before so would be happy to help you with a pic. Unfortunately, I dont have any HBBs... any other watch you want to see a Pam beside? I have a couple seiko monsters for example.

Monsters are about 45mm right? I guess it's ok I would appreciate it! The PAMs are the biggest watch I've tried so it's my new point of reference :)

Same size at the seiko on the left in your pic.

Though as I was thinking the monster would be a bad idea for this, as the monster's bezel and crown design makes it 'wear' different to it's actual size, I remembered i do still have a HBB left. :) It's a quartz crappy street rep but the case is the same size as a good rep/gen :)

Will post back a bit later with a pic for you. :)

No worries. IMO the pams wear much bigger than HBBs. Pam chronos even more so. If you can pull that^ off, the hbb is totally doable.

I'll order it now. I still have two watches incoming, but can't satisfy with this f*cking itch to get them all right now hahaha! Thanks again!

• 5 weeks later...

Did you receive the watch yet? I'm also interested in some on-wrist pics! I have a 6.6" wrist and am considering an HBB but concerned it will look a little too big...

I have, though I didn't do some wrist shots yet. For 6.6" wrist you can pull it off, for me I can do it barely but I needed to put a new hole on the strap, otherwise there's a big gap on both sides of the strap (the watch and the clasp sandwiches your wrist, and because the strap is a little bit tough, it doesn't shape on your wrist, rather it bulges on the sides).

I have, though I didn't do some wrist shots yet. For 6.6" wrist you can pull it off, for me I can do it barely but I needed to put a new hole on the strap, otherwise there's a big gap on both sides of the strap (the watch and the clasp sandwiches your wrist, and because the strap is a little bit tough, it doesn't shape on your wrist, rather it bulges on the sides).

So here's the pic, sorry it took so long :victory:

Wrist shot:

img9413q.jpg

This is the gap, the deployant is in the end of the strap, see the space?

img9411h.jpg

This is with the extra hole to remove the gap

img9410ws.jpg

First week was uncomfortable as hell, but the strap is slowly softening that I can wear it comfortably. I usually wear it when I'm dressed with long sleeved shirt and coat, otherwise I can't pull it off. I really have to dress to it to make the look, not like my PAM 026k which I can wear with anything :thumbsupsmileyanim: