When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I need OPINIONS PLEASE

tabularasa415

Alright, so I'm going to buy a gen 16220 Rolex Datejust with silver face, batons and jubilee. Now, this watch is mint. And when I say mint, I mean it has the red sticker inside of the bracelet and came from the case of a man who went out of business in Pittsburgh (where my guy picked it up along with 4 other watches at a show). I'm trading in my TAG Carrera Calibre 5 Auto and after trade in he's offering me the watch at $2500 cash. Now, I know I can buy them used for a little less, but does anyone have an opinion on whether or not this is a good buy? All opinions welcome...

Best thing to do is she what he will take cash for the watch without the trade involved. In my area I have seen 16220 DJ anywhere from $3500 on the high end and $2100 on the low end. It seems the options you described are the norm and not a special version. The way it looks is he is getting your Tag trade for free. No matter what, the watch is used and not a brand new model.

It is not a bargain, but you don't really buy a watch as an investment unless it is vintage. If you like it, buy it. You might want to just do a full cash deal and sell your tag on your own to recoup some of your purchase price. :drinks:

Best wishes on your purchase! :)

Yeah, I was wondering that myself. If it's 3K (which I still think is fair bc it really is brand-new-never-worn) I will sell my TAG outright. Even if I sell it for 700 or 800 it's still a better deal...