When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Royal Oak (QC photos, Puretime)

calatrava

Hi, I've just received QC photos for a AP Royal Oak Jumbo, does everything look okay? In particular, do the bezel screws and the dial alignment look acceptable?

This is the watch I ordered:

http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/royal-oak-jumbo-39mm-ultimate-edition-ss-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet/

Thanks for looking, and for any feedback and comments.

IMG_9629.jpg

IMG_9630.jpg

IMG_9631.jpg

IMG_9632.jpg

IMG_9633.jpg

This is the timegrapher result, -9s/day, 294 degree amplitude, 0.2 ms beat error.

IMG_9610.jpg

Okay, I got Puretime to send some additional QC photos of the watch. Two questions:

1. Does the rehaut look centered (seems okay to me, but a second opinion is always appreciated)?

2. Does the bottom left corner of the AP logo okay, it looks like there might be a slight blemish there (might only be noticeable on the macro shots, but not in real life)?

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

Okay, they swapped out the original watch for another one.

If nothing else, seems to have more accurate timekeeping. From what I see, the issue with the bottom left corner of the AP logo seems to have been resolved, and I think the dial is properly centered... there is a slight reflection at the edges, but I assume that is because the crystal is beveled at the edge, as opposed to a misaligned rehaut?

I guess the same questions as before, do the indices on the dial look properly aligned, and is the rehaut properly centered. Any other comments or observations would of course be helpful too.

IMG_1112.jpg

IMG_1475.jpg

IMG_1476.jpg

IMG_1477.jpg

IMG_1478.jpg

IMG_1479.jpg

IMG_1480.jpg

IMG_1481.jpg