When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Selitta SW500 automatic chronograph movement

txrob779

Thanks for chiming In Zigmeister,It's always nice to hear from someone who has actually worked on such movements.:)

Your welcome.

Personally, I don't like working on the Sellita's, they tend to have balance wheel and hairspring issues, on the anaylzer it's almost impossible to get a good reading for some reason.

I remember spending over 2 hours and about 10 feet of printing paper trying to adjust the beat and rate...not a good outcome...

Your welcome.

Personally, I don't like working on the Sellita's, they tend to have balance wheel and hairspring issues, on the anaylzer it's almost impossible to get a good reading for some reason.

I remember spending over 2 hours and about 10 feet of printing paper trying to adjust the beat and rate...not a good outcome...

I really had no idea that there were such issues,thanks. Im looking foward to a A7750/SW500 comparision,that would be awesome. Hope you get the opportunity soon :drinks:

While Sellita movement are good, they are no where near the quality, fit and finish, or tolerances of a standard ETA.

I haven't seen the 7750 clone yet, but based on the 2824 Sellita's I have seen and worked on, Sellita has a long way to go...they are no where near the quality of even cheap Japanese movements like Miyota.

+1...Not to menation the parts are not interchange able between the ETA and Sellita. I worked on a memebers watch that had a SW200 movement. No where near as clean and refined as a ETA movement, not to mention I had to wait 3 weeks for a date jumper wheel.

There is NO WAY that Rolex would be moving to Sellita either. They make every component in their movements, they are one of the few manufactures that make their own hiar springs in house, to abandon in the facilities, R&D, etc. to go with a off the shelf movement would be a very poor business move.

Also, Swatch is not shutting off their movements supply too their well established customer like Breilting and Tag. What they are doing, it not selling movements to new start-up watch companies that manufacture thier other components in China... i.e. Invicta.